Sleep regression

B81292

Reaction score
My 8 month old has been a good sleeper since 5 weeks - until recently . When we put her to bed she screams and cries and stands up at her cot and this goes on for 10-20 mins. She's started waking either really early either 12/1am or 4/5am for a bottle and sometimes she goes back to sleep, other times it can be a battle to get her to sleep again. Then she'll be up at 7 but still obviously tired , rubbing eyes yawning etc. Does this get better?? Will she ever sleep in again?

If she cries when we put her down to bed one of us tends to sit with her . She can't see us but we have our hand on her chest then try and creep out . This seems to work but just seems so unlike her as she used to go to sleep with no trouble . She has supper as well to fill her up

I'm not sure, but maybe she's got separation anxiety? I remember there was a period we had to stay with our son til he fell asleep, just like you describe. I just can't remember how old he was exactly. If that's the problem it should get better in a few weeks or so, just make sure she feels you're always there when she needs you. I hope it's just that and you get your sleep back soon!

My LO did this from about 8/9 months. We managed it by putting her in our bed where she would fall asleep fine and we would wedge her in with pillows and pop the camera on. From about 11 months we took the side off her cot and put her back in her own room and she settled a lot better. I think she didn't like being confined in her cot once she could stand up and move about. There wasn't a short term fix for us, taking the sides off really worked for us but I didn't feel ready to do it at 8/9 months but saying that now I think back and I prob could popped her mattress on the floor and tried that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back