Sleep regression - 3 month old?

Chezza

Reaction score
Is it possible for a 3 month old to go through sleep regression? I thought, if at all, we would be experiencing this in about a months time

JJ appears to have forgotten what night time is completely...gutted considering I was posting very recently about him being such a good sleeper...

He is now wanting a bottle every 4 hours throughout the night now and I don't understand why?? When he wakes up he is screaming the house down and it actually sounds like he is in pain - as soon as he sees the bottle he is fine and calms down.

Has anyone else gone through this as this stage?

Thanks in advance xxx

Around now could be a leap. I think my app says between 4.5 & 5.5 weeks it can start. If I remember correctly O was like a gannet during that leap.

JJ is 13+2 and came out of a LEAP last week xx

You can tell its the middle of the night! I read that as 3 week old. Muppet....

How does he take his bottles in the day? Is he finishing them all? Maybe you could try offering him more in the day?

The other thing you could try is water rather than milk - he could be thirsty with it being a bit hot. But also if he realises he isn't getting milk he might not bother waking up. I've never tried this to be perfectly honest though. Generally if my monkey wants fed at night it's cos he's not had enough in the day.

Yes! My lo was a fab sleeper up until about 3 months when she suddenly started waking 3/4 times a night for no aparebt reason. We tried everything bit nothing made a difference! Shes 6.5 months now and only started sleeping through again in the last week. I thibk uv just gotta ride it out hun :( xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Before this little episode, I would make up 5 x 8oz bottles a day and he would take between 6 - 8 oz each time, every 4 hours - like clockwork. I will try topping up to 9oz to see if that helps...just sounds like an awful lot!

I read a few articles this morning that state sleep regression usually kicks in between 3 and 4 months and can last for up to 6 weeks :-( It states that usually they do want to feed more often - but to not allow them as they will get used to it and continue to wake at that point...?? JJ was literally screaming the house down last night / this morning - it was blood curdling and the only thing that would settle him was a bottle...

I've only had 2 nights of hardly any sleep and I feel wrecked already...

Yes! My lo was a fab sleeper up until about 3 months when she suddenly started waking 3/4 times a night for no aparebt reason. We tried everything bit nothing made a difference! Shes 6.5 months now and only started sleeping through again in the last week. I thibk uv just gotta ride it out hun :( xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Oh god...I truly hope this is just a blip...not sure I could handle this going on for that length of time! I'm back at work when JJ is 6.5 months...there is no way I could do a days work feeling like this...xx

I posted about this a few weeks back, my LO was 12 weeks at the time. She started waking for feeds and was a nightmare at bedtime. Thanks to som advice from ladies on here I just did whatever I needed to get her to sleep and we're out the other side now and her night times are back to normal! I think she was about 17 weeks when she calmed back down.

I posted about this a few weeks back, my LO was 12 weeks at the time. She started waking for feeds and was a nightmare at bedtime. Thanks to som advice from ladies on here I just did whatever I needed to get her to sleep and we're out the other side now and her night times are back to normal! I think she was about 17 weeks when she calmed back down.

Thanks for your post :)

Did you feed when she did wake...? The articles I read said not to, but my instinct tells me to feed...xx

Follow your instincts Hun, I would feed on demand as advised . If LO wants a feed he probably needs one, could be coupled with a growth spurt too. I hope things settle soon Xx

What does LEAP mean?
Hopes and dreams, what app are u using? Xx

Tapatalking. X

Hi Bek,

Have a look at this website:

http://www.thewonderweeks.com/what-are-mental-leaps/#2

It details the 10 mental LEAP's that a baby goes through. It tells you the age they LEAP, how long they last for, the symptoms of each LEAP and how to help and appease your baby whilst they go through them. There is also an IPhone APP which is brilliant - the guide on there is great. It has been bang on, almost to the day so far with my little one.

xxx

Thanks for your post :)

Did you feed when she did wake...? The articles I read said not to, but my instinct tells me to feed...xx

If your instinct says feed, then feed. Think of it as a grown up would. I know I'd be pretty p****d off if all I wanted in the night was a drink and I couldn't get one! If you wake up needing the loo or wanting a drink, you get up, get what you need, go back to bed and nod back off. Job done. Whereas if I do the whole can't be bothered getting out of bed for a wee thing, I won't sleep properly until I've been.

With my lad, if he's restless in the night and wakes again soon after being settled with the dummy, I just feed him now. He gets fed and settles back down within half an hour, to sleep for a good few hours. If I try to put it off, it generally ends up I have to go to him every hour and then end up feeding him four hours later anyway!

Yes hun, I fed her. At first I'd give her her dummy and she'd settle for about another half hour but then wake again so she was obviously hungry. At the time I was worried about creating bad habits but it hasn't, so go with your instincts and follow your babys lead and hopefully it will all settle down in a few weeks!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back