4 Month Sleep Regression

Little Rose

Reaction score
:nap: I need some Sleep!!

My daughter is 19 weeks old on Monday. She has been sleeping through from 7:30pm - 7am since 8.5 weeks but for the last 8 nights she has been going down around 7:30pm and waking around 00:30 and then every 2 hours on the button after this.

I am like a zombie, literally. I am convinced it is the 19 week sleep regression. Has anyone else had any experience of this and if so how long did it last?

She falls asleep sucking her dummy and when she wakes through the night she is asleep in seconds after I get up and put it back in for her. She does not cry when she wakes, just stirs and makes noises.

Rose

hey there. As a mummy of a LO that didn't sleep through til 9 months I don;t have too much advise but sure there'll be lots of ladies who do. Did you say she doesn't cry when she wakes? Whay happens if you leave her? any chance she might settle herself? or would she end up crying and getting in a state? since we did controlled crying at 11 months Owen can now settle himself when he wakes but couldn't before. I feel your tiredness xxx

amelia was the same i just perserved and kept putting dummy in with minimal interaction she eventually went through again x

2 weeks it lasted with us. Like the girls said, perseverance is key. I kept putting his dummy in without fuss and never picked him up..he eventually got over it. I remember it well, one night i think i was up 19 times with him! :wall2:

Morning! We are on night 11 tonight so hopefull it will settle soon. I read online yesterday of a lady who was on night 20. Eeeek. Hope that's not us.

Rósa;2126151 said:
Im on night 30ish.....

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Shut Up!!! OMG Rosa, I will die if this happens. How are you even functioning at this stage?

God, I hope ive been lucky enough to miss this! Have heard of it, but fingers crossed, still sleeping through :) x

It's getting worse for us. It's happening now about 10pm - she is crying now too. I'm starting back to work tomorrow part time....not sure how i'll cope! I have a one hour drive to and from work - have to be up around 6:15.

im on night... lost count M is now 7 months and is no longer sleeping through she was up 8 times last night !! and has been awake for the day at 4 am !!!

im on night... lost count M is now 7 months and is no longer sleeping through she was up 8 times last night !! and has been awake for the day at 4 am !!!

Good God, you're scaring the bejaysus outta me now!!

my LO didnt sleep through til 1yr and still doesnt really sleep well and hes 2yrs 6mnths sleep deprivation is vile. I hate to say it but it will pass and soon, get the Wonder Weeks chart and it will explain it all xxx

Hey, i'm glad to report that for the last 2 nights things have been normal. No more tired mummy! Yay!

One thing we did change though was her dummy. We moved her up to the 6 month plus size so not sure if that has something to do with it. The dummy does not fall out as often.

My LO done exactly the same at 4 months, not crying just stirring! I tried leaving and for me it was worse! He eventually cried and woke up so much it took an hour to get him back off! After a few weeks he cut 2 teeth (not sure if this was to blame) and went back sleeping through! Unfortunately he's hit 9 months and the same pattern??!! Xx good luck

No chance of Jack going through sleep regression at 4 months, he's woken up every 3hrs every night since he's been born! YAWN! hee hee x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back