Night waking

Duds

Reaction score
Need some advice guys... for the past 3/4 weeks Aimee hasnt been sleeping through, she has been poorly with colds etc but is ok now and the last 2 weeks she wakes at about 1.30ish every night, She is fine during the day and quite happy so i dont think its teething or illness.
Its as if she cant sleep but is tired.
Its just a moany/grizzle which gradually gets louder & if you leave her she just carrys on and on and get louder. I never go straight it but dont leave her more than 5/6 mins.
I have never fed, played, turned lights on or talked to her in the night so she is gaining nothing from these wakings I just dont know what to do
I will lay her back down, put the dummy in and walk out which i can do for an hour before she goes back off.
Should I just leave her?? Often i end up giving her Mediced as its the only thing that helps her go back to sleep... feel bad about that as i dont know if she has anything wrong or not...

any ideas? or anyone else going through same thing?

Hi

The only thing that ever seems to disprupt Isaac's sleep at night is if he is too hot or cold. The weather is so weird this winter that we're constantly changing our central heating to keep the temperature right in his room. He has a nursery thermometer in there and it is usually just on too warm but sometimes it still feels chilly.

Lou :)

Hi lou,

Do you know what it should be for their age??

Hi

I just went and grabbed Isaac's thermometer out of his nursery and it reads as follows.. 50f/55f is too cold. 60f/65f/70f is just right. 75f/80f is too warm. The scale for centigrade is from 10c for too cold and 27c for too warm.

I hope this is clear for you. Its tricky to explain :) The thermometer is a disney one from mothercare you just blue tack onto the wall.

Lou :)

Same here! i had 2 monthswhere he would sleep through afew times a week, but since being ill he is waking 2x nightly. he is always thirsty so i give him a drink otherwise hewill just scream. once hes had a drink he goes straight back to sleep.

Hi ya Duds! long time no speak! :shock:

Good news for you - we had this with Heidi! Started just before Christmas. Put her bed as usual, she would wake dead on 2, then 4. Gradually went to just 4.00am - and like you say, starts with a grizzle, left it, left it, left it - leave it too long and they go past it and start crying.

I think its just a stage (not very helpful I know) but in the last few weeks it has been reduced to just waking 2/3 times a week and it seems more like a little cry and then she goes straight back sleep.

We couldnt believe it - she has slept through for months, then all of sudden this! :twisted: but TOUCH WOOD :dance: LOL she is hardly doing it now.

We tried everything - I even got out my old Gina Ford books - desperate times, call for desperate measures!!!

How are you anyway?

L x

Wow - just realised you are due in the summer!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What is it like being Pregnant with a little one???

L x

lisa31 said:
Wow - just realised you are due in the summer!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What is it like being Pregnant with a little one???

L x

Hello ! :D Blimey was suprised to see you back, youve been gone ages!
Thank you, its really hard at times & v tiring esp in the evening, i just dont have the energy to make a night out ever.
Was a big suprise for us & took a while to get my head around but am really happy now although terrified about coping later on.

Aimee has slept much better the last couple of nights so hopefully we are getting back to normal, seems to be after she has been poorly it all goes to pot...
How is Heidi? still as cute as ever?!

Hi Duds! Sorry for late reply - mad rush on at work, so half the time I dont even get to switch the lap top on.

I'm off at the moment. Heidi has conjuntivitus so I have to work whilst she's napping and I'm working now to catch up with a deadline I have for 2 presentations by Mon/Tues next week.

Your right tho' - not been on here for ages. Now back at work I just dont get the time. Straight from work I collect Heidi from Nursery and I'm not home till 6.20pm - so I get in, bath Heidi and give her milk then wait for her to go bed - then I can take my work clothes off and RELAX!!!!

I have to admit - I really look up to you. Not sure I could manage being pregnant with a little one around - it must be quite a bit different than the first time around. Mind you, if the next one is as georgous as Aimee (definately one of the cutest on the forum - apart from Heidi of course!!!)
I'm sure it will all be worth the hard work your putting in now!.

You take care, and I will pop on here when I can to see how you all are going

L x

WOW Lisa HELLO!!!

Duds: Maybe try leaving her longer than 5-6 minutes? Obviously if she's sreaming her head of, go in, but if she's just moaning and not really "going for it" you might be better off leaving her longer.

Hi Ya Urchin :wave: :wave: :D :D :D

I'm waiting to be off work ill - so I can lie on the sofa and be on here all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back