Sleep Advice

babyroo

Reaction score
I have'nt been sleeping too good for the past couple of weeks. I have a horrible pain that goes around my groin and half way down the inside of my thigh. This might sound crazy but it's not too bad when I'm walking etc. but when it comes to going to bed and laying down it's 10 times worse. It's horrible when I turn over in bed to try and get a comfortable position, I'm nearly in tears with the pain. I've tried pillows between my legs and underneath my feet to raise my legs but nothing has worked.
Has anyone got anyother idea's I can try? , Does the symptoms I'm describing sound like SPD?

Sounds like SPD but obviously you need to speak to a physio to get it confirmed.

Have you looked into full body pillows?

I have used a pillow between my knees and occasionally under my bump which seems to help me most of the time but when i turn over sometimes it catches me and its agony.

Look for some SPD excersizes.

Also keep your knees together when you get out of bed and cars etc.

You have probably read all this so if i have not been much help i'm sorry :?

I thought I had SPD too, discussed it with my midwife but she said it didn't sound like SPD (mine was exactly as yours sounds now) it's going away slowely now though, still odd painful twinges. Anyway she decided I'd just got ligament strain and really there was nothing to do. It's written in my notes "discussed SPD but dont think it is this and diagnosed ligament strain". It took weeks or the dreadful pains to go away. I get the odd twinge still but it's much better than it was.

i have a terrible pain in my back when i turn over in bed and when i get up from sitting down and stuff.

i think its sciatica, i know how bad it is when one minute you are asleep and the next you are awake crying. i was on the sofa yesterday and i couldnt get up, it was so painful. it took my 5 minutes of shifting about to manouver myself into an upright position.

Babyroo do you ever get it from just sitting?
I've just been diagnosed with SPD and i get the same sort of pain as you especially when turning over in bed and sitting on the sofa, i've found a support belt wonderful when taking longer walks or having to stand still like in a que,
Don't half feel like i've been sleeping on a traffic cone (up ma fanoola) when i try and get out of bed in the morning for a wee :oops:

I do get it when I'm sitting but it is far worse when I'm in bed, not sure why!
I'll look at some support belts and give it a whirl.
It's starting to drive me a bit crazy!

Lots of :hug: 's as i can soooo sympathise i'm going through the same thing too babe

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier Babyroo. :hug:

Sounds like it could be SPD or it could be ligaments stretching. I guess you'll have to have a chat with the MW and see how long it lasts to work out which one it is!

Sleeping with pillows between my knees seems to help my SPD pain in bed. Also doing the exercises recommended here (including pelvic floor) helped me.

I also get the pain when I move from a seated position. It's a nuisance but no where near as bad as it was - maybe I'm just getting used to it? :)

Thanks for all your advice. :hug: :hug:
I'm making an appointment to see GP this week, will let you know how i get on.

Good luck lovie, although my GP was sympathetic she also said there wasnt much that could be done, just paracetamol when it became really unbearable :(

Hi everyone
Just thought I'd let you know I've got an appointment to see my midwife on Thursday afternoon before I've got to go for my scan.
I tried to make an appointment to see my G.P. but the earliest they had was in 3 weeks time :shock: .
Will let you know how I get on. :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back