slapped cheek????

hayes

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I work in a nursery and we have got slapped cheek and chicken pox going around. I know im immune to chicken pox as have had it when little and its goes around every yr and never ever get it.

But slapped cheek is not one we get often. I rang up docs and she has taken sum blood but said not to worry!!

Yeah right i feel like thats all ive done since last fri when i found out lol. I had some brown discharge again today not loads but a bit. Wish next weds wud hurry up so i cud find out whats going on in there.

Michelle. x

If you're worried perhaps take some time off on the sick? Although if doc isn't worried about it, try not to worry too much yourself.
Easier said than done i know! X

Thanks hun,

I was tempted to ring in sick today as im so bloody tired but i thought no thats not the answer im sure im over worrying things and im trying to be more relaxed.

Just want nxt wk to hurry up.

Michelle. x

If you work in a nursery, its really likely you've been exposed and already have immunity. I got checked for this at booking as i get exposed to it all the time, and sure enough, levels were fine.

On the scan front, it really is worth waiting to 7 weeks as you do tend to get a definitive answer then. If you go any earlier, its often a case of having to go back anyway. Having done the latter in 3 pregnancies, this last one i just held out. I was def less stressed not having to go to and fro having all the additional scans.

I suppose you can't say anything to your boss yet, are you waiting till 3 months to tell her you're pregnant?
(I couldn't resist looking in this section to see how you are doing!)

Hello im tri hoping! Im having this dilemma too. My sons just come up with this I think ( one doc said yes one doc said no!) Im going to wait till mon and if I think it's that im going to call doc I think x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

My boss does know blueflower(nice to see you cant wait for you to join me in here) ive told all my work mates as they are all fab and i need there support, im more relaxed about it now as the boy hasnt been at nursery since and when i spoke to my doc she said that she has never know a single pg person it has effected.

I think it mainly effects between 9wks and 20wks so i heard so i think you shud be ok constantstar but defo give the docs a ring tomoz to find out.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back