Chicken Pox :/

xJuliex

Reaction score
Hi, woke up today and my 3 year old son is COVERED in chicken pox!! Now to mine and my mums knowledge iv never had them before & was wondering wot effect it would have on baba if i were to get them? and is it possible i could be immune but not know it:/
thanks xx

I would phone your doc/midwife tomorrow and see what they advise.

xx

i dont mean to scare you but i would be very careful........it can be very harmful to baba

sorry - really dont wanna scare you xxx

We babysat for my friends children who have chicken pox. The doctor said because I've had chicken pox before me and baby are covered but if you haven't had it you need to tell your GP and Midwife xx

I called NHS Direct Hun, they were very helpful and are open 24hrs I think xx

chickenpox can be very serious if u get it as an adult.

There a blood test the doctor can give you to tell you your amunity to chicken pox, i know it worse to get them in your first 20 wks but I'm sure if you do there's drugs to take within 24hours of getting them

I checked this out - when OH's mates kids had them - cos i had just found out - and the risks kinda vary. Its dangerous for you if you've not had them before. How far on are you - the info i got was that less than 13 weeks risk to very small - even up to 20 weeks - its still low - (1%) .

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/chickenpox/

have a wee nosey here for an idea.

xxx

my sisters friend got them whilst she was pregnant and she was fine. She had to go hospital/doctors everyday to have a check up but that was all. You can have a test done to see if you are immune too. I have also never had chickenpox but last christmas all my nephews and neices had them and i was kissing them (ones a baby who kisses with her tongue still) cuddling them sharing their sweets/drinks and i still didn't get them! (i was kinda trying to get them as i know it can be very dangerous whilst pregnant-also wanted a couple more weeks off work:) )

thanks alot, im going to ring first thing and see what they say, im only 9 weeks so thats reassuring to know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back