Skin tags

Squiglet

Reaction score
Since being pregnant, I've suddenly developed a billion skin tags all over the place.... pretty much anywhere where either fabric or jewellery rubs against my skin. My neck and around my bra area seems to be worse

They aren't painful until they get caught and then they bleed.. It gets so annoying sometimes that ill just snip off the true offenders...

I just want to know if anyone else found this when they got pregnant? and do they disappear eventually?

I developed loads and loads but they never disappeared after giving birth sometimes they will just drop off ive never had them coming back in the same place since dropping off.

I do agree though hun they do hurt :hug: dont get tempted to snip them off i by accident cut one off from under my arm whilst shaving and it bleed like hell and it hurt more :(

I think you can freeze them off with that wart stuff but i would ask a docter first tbh i havent seen a doc about mine but im going to mention it when i next go to see him.

wend said:
I think you can freeze them off with that wart stuff but i would ask a docter first tbh i havent seen a doc about mine but im going to mention it when i next go to see him.

Hmmm freezing.... :think:

im not sure if i have these or not????

What are they like?

I have lots of tiny little bumps like spots but not spots on my skin - could these be skin tags?

I can barely see them but can feel raised bits as i apply my body cream....

I think that instead of cutting them you shoud tie string around them and take them off that way so long as they're not too big? I remember reading that somewhere...

What is a skin tag?

A skin tag is a common, benign condition which consists of a bit of skin that projects from the surrounding skin and may appear attached to the skin. Skin tags can vary quite a bit in appearance. They may be smooth or irregular, flesh colored or more deeply pigmented, and either simply be raised above the surrounding skin or have a stalk (a peduncle) so that the skin tag hangs from the skin.

ive got a couple under my armpit and on my side asked doctor about it and he said he could remove them for me didnt say how though not been back since though xxxxx

There Was Someone On That Show "Embarassing Illnesses" a While Back With Skin Tags & The Doctor Tied Fine Fishing Line Round The Base Of Them & They Died & Fell Off Naturally :)

xCarly said:
There Was Someone On That Show "Embarassing Illnesses" a While Back With Skin Tags & The Doctor Tied Fine Fishing Line Round The Base Of Them & They Died & Fell Off Naturally :)

I don't think they make enough fishing line for all mine... :rotfl: :rotfl: Theres millions of them... The larger ones are ok to tie string around but most of the ones I've got are really small.

its deffo a pregnancy thing. I havent got any yet but when my ex had one I tied cotton round it and it dropped off :)

my OH had one when i first met him, i tied string around it and it fell off, but it grew back :think:

ive recently removed it again, so im waiting to see if it comes back...

Grrr I hate those things. I use to have loads on my back some fell off and others I enjoyed spending a few weeks picking. :cheer:

Disgusting I know....

I used to have 2 when I was younger.. one on my boob and one on my neck, i was sooo embarrassed esp the one on my boob (i was a teen) so I went to docs and got them frozen off, she just sprayed something on which felt freezing cold, the then swelled up really bad then went black shrivelled up and fell off :puke: but it worked. never had them back or anything.

i think doc says not to pick them are cut them off cos they can bleed a lot more than you think or something :think:

I have got loads of these developed round where my bra goes since being pregnant :x

some of them are really tiny and I have just snipped them off with scissors though :oops:

Do they go after you give birth or am I stuck with the blighters?

i've got about 3 on my back :( hate them, think i've also got a big one on my bum cheek :oops: you can pull it like elastic :rotfl: i would like to have them removed really, but going to see my doc about them would be embarrasing :oops:

I used to have one under my left breast (right in the crease) that developed during puberty, I was so embarrassed about it but finally saw a lovely female GP who acted completely normal about it (I had no idea what it was and thought it was hideous!) and froze it off really quickly and easily. She had numbed the area and I didn't feel a thing. I couldn't believe it was gone just like that! So turns out they're pretty easy to remove!

I've got 2 big ones at the top of my leg...............OH hates them!!
When I was having my smear the other day I asked the nurse and she said tie some cotton around them, as close to the skin as possible and they will fall off in a couple of days. If it goes red or starts to look infected come back. But some cotton should do the trick :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back