bad skin

zo75

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Wondered if anyone could help out with a bit of advice on hormonal skin. I've always been prone to a few spots around my chin area just before my period but since I've fell pregnant it's been relentless. I thought the hormones were meant to level out in the 2nd Tri (I'm 16 weeks) but my skin is just getting worse. I'm now obviously not drinking alcohol and knocking back loads of water and fresh fruit veg plus my prenacare and omegamum vits so can't understand why things aren't improving. I'm washing my face twice a day using only gentle products. Please can anyone suggest anything, it's starting to really get me down. My sex drive has completely dissappeared and I think it's not helped by the fact that I feel so damned unattractive at the mo.

thanks in advance

Zo x

Zo, my skin is real bad too at the moment and I completely sympathise with you. Even my back has broken out in lots of little spots, and I feel really ugly too with my pot belly and bad skin. Can't recommend anything but just wanted to say you're not alone.

Hi! I had the same problem around my chin, but at about 16-17 weeks the spots gradually died down and now I do not have any on my face, and look at bit more"alive" but still have few on back, and I never got them there before I was preganant! I don't think there is much you can do, just let it go it's course and use lots of cover up!

With regards to sex drive, mine has pitered out as well, but again, it may be tomorrow that I wake up and turn in to horny little devil (I hope!) as hormones play funny little games with our mind and bodies!

Just go with the flow is what I say!

Sarah x

It is quite common to suffer with acne in pregnancy, some are lucky and get really healthy skin, i seem to be one of the lucky ones at the mo!!! Although my sex drive has increased big time so i guess my partner is also the lucky one!! :lol:

Natalie

my skins gone from bad to worse but get them on my sholdes now *dam hormones* but they seem to go a little faster- far does to make space for new ones like those horrible ones that are lumps under your skin *dam skin*

sex drive, Sex whats that, I think I forgoten how to do it! tend to do it every two weeks just so my hubby gets something! before we were quite active so i feel abit sorry for both of us, but I too feel abit unactractive, but I'm Okay with my bump, *shrugs*

ove had the best skin in my pregnancy! its quite a shocking difference! MY best friend is mineral water, not tap water. For some unknown reason! I didnt have and mineral water for about a week and came out in spots again aahh! So bought some water again and fewww they went!

You can buy the huge bottles for only £1.50! in my 1st tri i drank so much and drink a lot less now but the spots havent returned. Really i wish I knew about this b4 as i had terrible skin. Give it a go ladies!!!

catherine

Hi Zo

My back and shoulders got really spotty - not little pimples but big boils! Eeeuuuuwww - just what you need in the summer!

Anyway it seemed to calm down by around week 20 for me. I still have a couple and they are quite painful when they come up but it's not as bad as before. I didn't put anything on them just have been trying to drink plenty of water during the day.

My sex drive disappeared until about the same time - husband was starting to feel very rejected. Thankfully it's returned now!!

Everything I've read suggests eating veggies, cleansing regularly using gentle cleansers, and drinking plenty of water, so you seem to be doing the right thing.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

LBxx

Yeah what is that! I have developed spots on my shoulders and upper arms since being pregnant! I too used to get them on my chin a little before hand, was hoping to get 'pregnancy glow' and have perfect skin. but I too have suffered.
Plus, and this is really bad and embarrassing, In the last couple of months I have had to pull out 3 hairs growing out of my chin! On three occasons I have spotted a really thick long hair growing and had to rip it out with tweezers. Really scared that pregnancy hormones are making me start to grow a beard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back