skin care for black babies

we're not black but i used only water on millie nothing else for 6 weeks- as i think all newborn's skin is sensitive. my boyf has extremely sensitive skin so im careful with things like that in case she takes after him. the first time i use anything i ony use a tiny bit.

i'd ask ur MW hun, and i'd imagine that if u and DH are fine with products, its likely ur son will be too (after 6 weeks). if u or DH skin disagrees with any product, dont use it on baby!

i like the olive oil idea. it seems like one of the most natural alternatives as well because olive oil has great benefits.

as some of the other girls have said, i would recommend olive oil. it worked fine with my girls
xx

we used just water for alana and when she suffered with excema we used neals yard baby balm which is olive oil, shea butter and some essentiasl oils.

We found johnsons dried her skin up, and MIL brought us enough johnsons to last us until alana is 3, we got a cupboard full :wall:

im worried now as we brought that johnsons baby box thing full of stuff , is it gonna be crap :cry:

how about aqueous cream from the chemist - it's got no scents or anything in - it's what we always used on my niece who has excema and also what is used on my goddaughter who is mixed race.

Use it on yourself G3M if you don't use it on LO - I luuuuurve the smell of Johnsons :oops:

G3M said:
im worried now as we brought that johnsons baby box thing full of stuff , is it gonna be crap :cry:

Use it yourself or save it for when baby is older if you don't want to use it from birth :wink:

lou said:
G3M said:

Use it yourself or save it for when baby is older if you don't want to use it from birth :wink:

i got that too, cos it looked all pretty lol :lol:

hehe yeh supppose can use it on me , or the dog she gets bathed in baby shampoo :rotfl:

the box was just handy cos i thought it had most stuff i needed and it had lots of money off lol

You may be lucky, I use johnsosns and tescos products for my girl and she is fine with it all, she gets a bity dry but camoille gel johnsons sorts that out!

Hi

All ive ever used with my kids is Dove hair and body wash from birth its never harmed their skin and their skin is never dry :)
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back