am i doing sommat wrong or is it my washing powder??

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
nothing seems to be coming out clean at the mo. All James's whites are stained. :wall:

I have switched recently to Fairy as James has quite sensitive skin on his back and it tends to dry out. But Im thinking its crap.
Or could it be sommat up with my machine?

Can anyone recommend a decent soap powder / liquitabs etc that arnt harsh on babies skin but do what they are meant to (i.e. get clothes clean)?

When that happened to me i had to change the machine

We use Fairy too

I use Fairy and never have a problem. It gets things clean. On really bad stains I use a stain remover (OH's cricket whites with grass stains all over etc) but find Fairy great for all other laundry.

It may be your machine not quite doing what its supposed to so well anymore.

poop. More expense.

Ive only had it 3 years. Is it normal for it to go crap after that amount of time? It wasnt cheap when i bought it...

Were having the same problem in the new place and they left their wasing machine which was apparently in full working order (were renting at the min) we had bought Persil (on offer) and not used it before so though it was that so switched back to Airel and still the same. Ours are not to bad as general their not washed as their ''dirty'' just cause they have been worn, but I think nearly all of orans tops were clean/fresh but had stains on them, so I did what anyone would do................put them in a bin liner and gave them to my mother, they cam back clean LMAO

anyway guy came and cleaned the filter said it sometimes works (so you could try that) but it didnt so he is going to bring us a new washer. On another note when he cleaned the filter and removed it water comes out (from the wash) and it should be clearish and it was a dirty brown colour so somehting isnt working somewhere so check that as well.

Washing machines can break down after 3 years yes, there not very reliable, there are a few comprehensive guide on the net which are pretty good with the advise of what to look for when buying!

for stained whites I swear by sunlight. It works amazingly

me to jen ! nothing comes clean , his whites look grey / blue and i cant get staines out even if i use vanish!

I use the vanish stick on my stuff first then wash it.

I don't use anything on Evie's TBH as I don't want her to get a rash! She has so many clothes she only ever wears something once! :wall:

Put them out in the garden and let the sun bleach them, wash em again and do the same. The more sun exposed they get the stsins should start to vanish.

Nicola g said:
Put them out in the garden and let the sun bleach them, wash em again and do the same. The more sun exposed they get the stsins should start to vanish.

oo cool. thanks for the advice guys! :hug:

I use Fairy and find it a bit crap too. But we're all such sensitive souls, I'm resigned to the odd stain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back