great cream for dry skin and excema!

petchy

Reaction score
i've finally found a cream that has worked for ruben's extremely dry skin with patches of excema! wanted to share the info in case anyone else's baby could benefit! the downside is it's not possible to get on prescription, but to be honest i don't care as long as it helps i'm happy to buy it! we've tried every single cream available on prescription, and none have worked. saw this mentioned in mother&baby magazine, and decided to try it. have used it for a week and ruben now has baby soft skin for the very first time!!! :dance: even the really bad patches of excema are starting to clear up!

the cream i'm on about is DermaCare lotion by vaseline intensive care. i got it from boots but am sure it is widely available.

products%5C107128.jpg

Vaseline Research has developed Dermacare, a powerful non-prescription, dermatologically tested treatment that provides effective relief for problem dry skin.

Healthy skin contains natural lipids which hold in moisture, but dry skin contains less of these lipids. Dermacare's formulation with natural lipids not only nourishes and protects the skin, but also penetrates the skin where dryness starts, allowing the skin to repair itself from within. Used regularly it makes dry skin behave more like normal skin.

I might have a look at this thanks, I have used (on prescription) E45, Hydrocortisone and now using Diprobase instead of the E45. That seems to be helping now as the E45 didn't really work and I don't like using the Hydrocortisone too often.

Will def give it a go - like you we've tried loads of different creams and some look like they might work then it flares back up again. so frustrating esp in this heat as he scratches it like crazy! stil have to put his socks on his ends at night poor love :(

xx

thanks ella has a couple of patches of excema and the E45 cream isnt working, ill give that a go thanks x

While were on the subject of eczema I thought i would recomend a cream i have been using thats really good. Don't know if anyone has used it before? Its called 'Allergenics' its a non-steroidal emollient and contains Aloe vera, pure shea butter, vitamin E, ect. Its allergy tested and preservative free. really good! Not on perscription either. Its around £5 per tube.

kellie where do you get that from,

I will try both e45 i use on kacy doesn't work for excema and it has got really bad with the heat

I currently use Doublebase on Damien.

Does the DermaCare contain Lonolin? It's found in E45 and Damien is allergic to it :roll:

I've seen the 'Allergenics' in Boots and Holland and barrets! Same price in both!

sami, i'm afraid dermacare does contain lanolin... sorry hun... :(

This is the best cream! My brother uses it for his psoarisis and it is the only cream that moisturises my dry, flaky legs in winter! :D

Hi

Isaac has eczema. The HV gave me a sample of OILATUM and it is excellent.

Always good to share info on tried and tested products!

Lou :)

wil the cream be ok to put on Harleys face and around his eyes? as he is very dry

Isaac had a dry patch on his forehead above his eye and I put the Oilatum on that but was just careful not to get it in his eye.

Lou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back