Just back from flu jab - absolutely furious!!

Susanne

Reaction score
As the title says: I've just come back from having the flu jab together with my daughter - we both have it every year, because we are both asthmatic. Now we walk in, with my daughter already a trembling, crying mess, and the nurse starts making a fuss over my daughter having the jab because she has not had a new prescription for the brown (preventative) asthma spray since last year.

Admittedly, she doesn't use it because her asthma is so mild that she only has to use the blue (acute) spray very occasionally and I don't see any point in pumping her body full of medicine on a daily basis when it is not necessary. But mild asthma is still asthma, right? And her making that fuss really did nothing to calm my daughter's nerves, quite on the contrary.

In the end, she mumblingly and grumblingly did give my daughter the jab - and then proceeded to give me exactly the same lecture about myself and my entitlements (or lack of) if I am not using that f****** brown inhaler on a regular basis. :wall2: In the end I interruted her mid-sentence and pointed out that since I am pregnant she has to give me the blimming jab anyway, sod the brown inhalor, and so she did so in a great grump.

Sorry this turned out to be a long rant, but I am so angry, I am close to exploding! Behaving like that when you've got a little kid already crying and terrified - another glowing representative of the so-called caring profession! Arrrrrgh!!!!! :mad:

Oh dear - I would have thought that they would have been happy you both don't really need it! Saves the NHS some money.

Does the flu jab hurt at all? I got mine on Saturday and still in two minds as to whether or not its worth it.

How rude! It's not the law that u have to take meds! At least you've gone for the jab!

I didn't even feel mine at all - it is such a fine needle and takes about half a second, honestly, there's nothing to it. My daughter, of course, would tell you an entirely different story of needles the size of a battering ram and excruciating agony, but then I think she was tensing her arm so much anything was bound to hurt her, even being stroked with a feather... ;-)

Last edited:
I have mine booked for sat too :good:
Sorry to hear their attitude stank :hug: xx

Im booked for saturday as well :)

Pregnant women are one of the high risk groups for contracting swine flu. I will be getting mine for sure!

what an absolute twat!!! :mad:
is there any side effects from the jab?

what an absolute twat!!! :mad:
is there any side effects from the jab?
I felt a bit sick and dizzy that afternoon, then slept for 2 hours and was fine after that. Nothing major. My daughter had no side effects at all.

I received a letter saying I need to get mine done.. Just worried coz I've had all this drama etc don't wanna have a bad reaction to it..

Susanne, the brown doesn't always work anyway! My son suffers with asthma bad, usually we have a few stays in hospital a year (touch wood only once this year). The brown did nothing for him! My husband is also asthmatic, he mainly uses his blue & green but never gets lectured over it! I think the way she treated you & your daughter was totally uncalled for!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back