Waking up to horrific stomach pains

Rachel1509

Reaction score
This is going to sound weird, but I think this isn't the first time it's happened.
I've just woken up to horrible stomach pain. Been in bed for well over an hour and was actually asleep (this is rare!) was awoke by these horrid pains in my tummy, where I couldn't turn over or move because of them. I had to lay there, breathe through it and wait for it to ease off, which took a good few minutes. Then afterwards I felt like I had no energy whatsoever and needed food asap, so I've come downstairs and munched on snacksize sausage rolls and 4 slices of toast with chocolate spread.

I haven't had any pains like it since, and LO hasn't moved, but he's currently got hiccups.
I'm sure I've had this one time before, but because I've been asleep when it's happened, I can't honestly say if it's definately happened or if I dreamt it ifywim :eh:

What the frig could of caused it? Has anyone else had this?

Do you need the toilet?

I had this last week and it was toilet related.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Nope not at all. I've had a wee and that's it :(

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Is it how you were laying? Sometimes when I roll onto my back for a bit the pressure gets really bad and starts to hurt. Not as bad as th pain you describe though. Hope you are feeling okay now and manage to get some zzzzzzzzz... Xx

I'm not sure hun I think it's better you mention it to your midwife. I've had bad pains when it's toilet related like Torino mentioned or got a major cramp i've lay funny, oh and when I turn over to quickly In bed it hurts like hell. Could you be moving about In your sleep dya think? X

I've had that type of pain with trapped wind!!! I'd def ask mw about. Can't you get painful BH Too?? X

I had a muscle in my back go into spasm in early pregnancy and then again at about 28 weeks and it was agony. Again it was while I was in bed and fine when I was up. Is there a specific area where it's worse that you could pop a hot water bottle on??

I would call mw if you're still not feeling better!!!

:hugs:

ive only woken up to feeling horribly sick, not pain.
i only hurt when i move lol

I don't think it was anything to do with how I was laid. It woke me up and felt like agony. I literally couldn't move during it until it went off a few minutes later. I had to try and breathe through it until it died down. Then I had no energy whatsoever and needed some food. I was crying with the pain of it! Went to get some food and sat downstairs for a bit, then laid back in bed and all was fine.

Baby has been moving loads this morning so he's fine :) moving more then usual actually!

Shall I just mention it to midwife when I see her wednesday? Or should I see what triage say? Just don't want to ring them and they say to go in for sake of it.

Have you felt like this since? You could call them and just ask, wont hurt! What ever gets your mind at rest hun!!

:hugs:

Not had it since this morning no. I've only ever had it twice, this being the second time, and both times have occured at night while in bed.

In the end I didn't ring triage. Maybe if it happens before my MW appointment on Wednesday then I will ring them, but if it doesn't I'll just mention it to MW. Absolutely no idea what causes it, but it's really horrible :(

My mum said to me earlier 'Maybe it's just practise pains?'. Well if it is, I'm scrapping my 'no epidural' plan and opting for everything I can have!!

Last edited:
I can only offer you my story. I had really bad stomach/cramping type pains at 20 something weeks (it's horrible when they don't go away either!) and my friend who is midwife did a urine sample next day and I had urinary infection (got antibiotics), She said she was glad I told her as left untreated UTI's can be quite bad. I also had bad pains at 31 weeks for over an hour, and called hospital they told me to go in, I ended up having a fibronectin test to see if I 'might' go into early labour the result was positive (means a 50/50 chance) and I stayed in for 24 hours and had steroid injections. No more pains after this, they gave me some more antibiotics as something showed up in my urine.
Baby had been very active the day before and my uterus on the monitor showed signs of being a bit unhappy. They didn't know what caused my pains but one possibility was infection and another was because I'm holding extra fluid and my uterus is stretched further than it should be at that stage (although you'd never know it to look at me - my bump is quite neat)
However all is well, no pains since and i'm full term on tuesday. If you have anymore pains please get it checked out and mention it to someone. My MW friend did say you shouldn't be getting pains that are hard to breathe through.

xxx

I can only offer you my story. I had really bad stomach/cramping type pains at 20 something weeks (it's horrible when they don't go away either!) and my friend who is midwife did a urine sample next day and I had urinary infection (got antibiotics), She said she was glad I told her as left untreated UTI's can be quite bad. I also had bad pains at 31 weeks for over an hour, and called hospital they told me to go in, I ended up having a fibronectin test to see if I 'might' go into early labour the result was positive (means a 50/50 chance) and I stayed in for 24 hours and had steroid injections. No more pains after this, they gave me some more antibiotics as something showed up in my urine.
Baby had been very active the day before and my uterus on the monitor showed signs of being a bit unhappy. They didn't know what caused my pains but one possibility was infection and another was because I'm holding extra fluid and my uterus is stretched further than it should be at that stage (although you'd never know it to look at me - my bump is quite neat)
However all is well, no pains since and i'm full term on tuesday. If you have anymore pains please get it checked out and mention it to someone. My MW friend did say you shouldn't be getting pains that are hard to breathe through.

xxx

Well I don't think I've got a UTI, even though MW has said in about 6 previous appointments "hmm your urine is showing up its contaminated, I will send it off just to be sure". Then I'd hear nothing back, just for her to say same thing next time!
Last appointment however, she said my urine was absolutely fine.

Definately gonna keep an eye on this though now you've told me all that! If it happens one more time then I will ring triage as soon as it happens! If it doesn't happen again then I am still going to be mentioning it to MW on wednesday. I've been thinking about the pains all day and its been concerning, but trying to put it off in hope it won't happen again and everything else will be smooth sailing.

Thanks for your reply, really helped! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back