Single, bio clock ticking & wants baby?

soulspirit

Reaction score
Hi
I have heard so much about 'midlife single women' who for whatever reasons haven't settled down in a stable relationship, yet yearning to be a mother. I wonder if there are any such women out there considering pregnancy without a full time partner.
I'm in a stable relationship with my girlfriend, she already has two girls and does not want any more children. I have never had a child of my own and really would like the idea of giving life to a new baby. Fortunately my partner is very understanding and open minded. She has no problem if I came across someone single who's also in need of a baby due to the 'biological clock' factor. Hence I'm posting this message to see if anyone has similar experience or knows of any specific websites or resources on this issue.
Thank you for reading.
Happy new year.

I'm sorry - I've not got any info or advice!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Emilia xx

Is your relationship strong enough to survive the emotional closeness that you would develop having a child with another woman?
And would this child be concieved the natural way (which could lead to emotional attachment) or in a more clinical way?
I'm just curious and raising some points.

Thanks for taking the time to write. To answer your first question, yes my relationship is strong enough to handle this. as to what level of attachment I will have to discuss with the 'woman' as I believe flexibility is very important.
regards
Soulspirit

I agree with what Tipsydipsy wrote, sorry as I know nothing about you or your relationship but it is hard enough getting together with someone who already has children and dealing with the emotional feelings there so I can not imagine how it would feel then going on to deliberatly have a child with someone differant whilst you are in a stable relationship. but hey that's just my opinion. I hope that I have not offended you.

I found this website, see the 'comments' part not sure if this is any good?
http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/000012.html

I hope that whatever you decide it all works out.

I think its wonderful that you have such an honest and understanding relationship with your partner, and while I cant offer any advice I do wish you well in your journey to become a parent. :hug:

cant offer any specific advice, but just wanted to say that You're being open and honest with your partner and discussing/thinking about any potential difficulties at the very start, something that a lot of couples in a 'normal' situation could learn from!

Good luck with it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back