Silly questions I'm too embaressed to ask!!!!

flyingcow

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions I need the answer to, but I feel stupid asking them!
This is my first baby and I am the first of my friends so they can't help!

1. I got given a pram/pushchair like this one: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3763306/Trail/searchtext>PUSHCHAIR.htm
and it says it can be used from birth, but it seems really upright - can i really put a newborn in a pushchair? or do I need to buy something to add to it to make it useable?

2. I want to use re-usable nappies, but I have no idea how many to buy. I don't know how many times a day a baby goes, but I imagine quite a few times!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

I re-posted your thread for you hun, the link got caught in the filter :)

I'd contact M&Ps to ask if it's suitable from birth :)

I'm using cloth this time and I've actually lost count of how many I have....:oops: I'm not sure what the recommendation is TBH.

I would too contact the manufacturer and ask.. As for the nappies, I have no idea :oops: But I didn't want to read and run, they arnt silly questions :hug: This is what we're here for (even if you do get a crappy answer like mine:lol:) xx

i got one of those prams initially, when my dad set it up tho there was somehtin wrong with it, so i got a different one. anway, as far as i know, they lie flat back and then the hood and stuff swaps round so it looks more like your standard pram iykwim?

as for cloth, i used them with katie, i think i started off with 12 nappies, but needed more and ended up with a gazillion!! it might be useful contacting someone like the nappy lady, if they have them near you, cos they go thru all the different kinds and talk you thru all what you need. for example whether you go for an all in 1, which you dont need anythin apart from the nappy, or whether you get foldy-up type ones, and need covers to go with them too!

It says on the Argos page that its suitable from birth; I would imagine it lies down flat - there is usually an adjustor on the rear that lets it down. Im going to use cloth nappies this time and will use a combination of Tots Bots that my sister will lend me and some terry towelling nappies from Mothercare - Im not sure of numbers either but Im guessing that at least 10 to begin with?

I really like that to ive been looking at it myself now hehe.
but found a blue one i like to from that link :D baby shopping cant we just love it :) hehe x

Hiya,
If it says from birth, then it should be ok. You should have a few blankets anyway to put round.
Re nappies, you can get 'starter kits' which contain 25 nappies I think - so I guess that's a good number to start with!
Hope this helps.

I got totally put off by the idea of reusable nappies! Wont the washing machine be on 10 times a day?!

Nope :) I only ever had to put on one extra wash every couple of days and it was only a rinse cycle so very quick and inexpensive.

When you take the nappy off, you can flush the liner down the toilet if you use one (catches the poo) then you are just left with a wet nappy. We had a small nappy pail in Nim's room that was filled with NapiSan which is a soak that cleans and sanitises the nappy. Pop it in, shut the lid and empty as required. It never once smelled either. I find disposables smell much much more than my cloth ever did!

oooh that does sound hygenic! I was worried about poo everywhere and my house stinking. Maybe Ill askf or more info on it. Id it really cheaper? I mean, when you count the cost of washing/tumble drying? Will creche use them or do they insist on disposables? How do they get them back to you at the end of the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back