Moses Basket

When I had my first, my mum cut a big white cotton sheet into four pieces, hemmed them and hey presto, an instant set of bottom sheets to use over the mattress :D

Just diverting slightly though, I was just looking at the pictures of both of the moses baskets that you are considering, and saw some info down the side of the Argos screen which said not to use duvets with babies under 12 months. Am I right in thinking that the teddies basket has a duvet on it? Is it kind of fixed to the edges of the basket in some way? I feel really embarrassed asking, but surely if that's a duvet then it's not suitable for babies under 12 months? Oh it's been so long :oops:

Yes you're right it does say Duvet. But it looks like it's fixed to the top of the moses basket so air can circulate underneath.

So if I just buy a few small sheets and a couple of blankets it'll be more than enough.
As it'll be May/June and summer.

Thank you

Cx

Yes, I forgot blankets too! I feel a right twonk now, asking that about the duvet :lol: but the teddies basket is really nice, I think I might go for that one but I didn't want to buy it if the duvet part wasn't suitable! But it does look fixed, as you say. I shall go away and hide in embarrassment now :oops:

Babies R Us do a great moses basket bundle with sheets and blankets for about £12 :)

Thanks ladies :hug:

I like this one too, and thanks Skatty I've looked and they do a set of 2 fitted sheets and 2 blankets in colours to match this one for under £20.

Might have to go and have a nosey round toysrus after work see if there's any in stock as I've seen a lovely travel system there too but it's not available on line anymore :think:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/B ... ets/720380

Charm X

I got the teddies one and the duvet thing comes off. To be honest I was determined not to spend a fortune on a moses basket, just aswell really as he was only in it for about a month.

I did get fitted bottom sheets for the moses basket which was a bit pricey but I found it easier changing the sheets in the night. It quite frankly amazed me how messy a little boy can be :lol:

Hiya

Hope this help but i brought a moses basket today i brought the one you posted (second link ) and i got the cot mobile for half the price.

I will say this that the moses basket is great its got loads of room in it and the colors are brill , i also brought the rocking moses basket stand which looks great.

I have got 2 terry fitted sheets from mothercare and it cost me about 6.99 ive also brought a fleece blanket for in the moses basket has the cover with the moses basket is dead thick so dont want too many blankets.

Hi I would advise on getting a rocking stand as it can be a god send when baby is crying you can rock them to sleep without having to pick them up. This doesn't always work though LOL. I wouldn't get too many sheets and blankets as when baby is a little bit bigger you could get some grobags for him/her to sleep in. Grobags are good because baby can't kick them off in his/her sleep and it means they can't wriggle under the covers. I picked up two new ones on e bay for about £12 each. Make sure if you do get some that you get the correct tog for your room temp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back