Side sleeping babies?

I got advised by her pediatrician to actually sleep her on her side.l and after I saw her vomiting while on her back and awake even and not turning her head on her side I made sure she is on her side and she can't roll on her back by putting a rolled blanket behind her. For me the hazard of choking is more eminent than SiDS.
That's the only way she ever slept.
Mw at the hospital came and placed we on her side and she was quite chesty immediately after birth.
I would personally let him but yeah the official advise in uk (I live in Norway) is the babies to sleep on their back.

I got advised by her pediatrician to actually sleep her on her side.l and after I saw her vomiting while on her back and awake even and not turning her head on her side I made sure she is on her side and she can't roll on her back by putting a rolled blanket behind her. For me the hazard of choking is more eminent than SiDS.
That's the only way she ever slept.
Mw at the hospital came and placed we on her side and she was quite chesty immediately after birth.
I would personally let him but yeah the official advise in uk (I live in Norway) is the babies to sleep on their back.

I agree with this. O brought up amniotic fluid & crap for a few days after he was born. He wasn't that skilled at getting rid of it & on numerous occasions I had to jump up & roll him on his side. He's a back sleeper now but then he's also a lot more skilled at turning his head if he needs to be sick.

Hi ladies, just looking some advice really..

Harrison is a week old today & he only ever settles on his side. I always put him down flat on his back, but he manages to turn himself one way or the other every time!

So my question is, do I wake him & turn him back, or do I just let him sleep like it? Midwife & Dr Google seem to think that by letting him do anything other than sleep flat I am putting him in danger, but realistically do I spend my whole days/nights waking him just to get him on his back?

Its really difficult to know what's right?!

This is what I woke up to this morning...

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

He is absolutely stunning! I was a side sleeper when I was small. My mum left me how I was but kept an extra eye on me just incase I rolled onto my front by accident x

Personally I would just leave him if that's how he settles himself. The idea of putting something to stop him rolling over is good. You'll soon find your baby will get into all weird and wonderful positions while they sleep! I'm sure us grown ups look pretty strange too! All you can do is keep anything likely to cause them harm out the way and leave them to it!

I Always lay Anna on her side now. She turns from her back to her side and back again during the night. As long as his arm that he lays on when on his side is sticking out...he can't roll on his front. I lay Anna down with her arm sticking out so she's like laying half on her back and half on her side. When she was smaller, we used to roll up a blanket like a sausage and prop it up behind her so she was on her back mostly but a little on her side. xxx

Jackson slept on his side from a couple weeks and now 6m either sleeps side or tummy now.

He doesn't like his back. Do what's right for you and comfiest for your LO xxxxx

No idea ... but very very cute :) how about a rolled up towel under sheet to block his roll? We did that with C for a long time til he started to lift his head up on his own

I found a sleeping bag helped until now. Sleeping bag or no sleeping bag he will roll haha.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back