is it safe for LO to sleep on their side|tummy?

winnie89

Reaction score
Hiya ladies so I've noticed that when I've been feeding harry he likes it more when I feed him lying down he seems to settle better and quicker I've just fed him and he's settled down to sleep and he's turned himself onto his side is it safe for him to be sleeping like this or do I need to turn him onto his back?

From a few days old my LO was sleeping on her side. I rolled up a small blanket and put her against that so her weight was evenly distrabuted to stop her rolling onto her front. Shes 19 months now and is a tummy sleeper :)

Jack slept on his side from a few months and is now a tummy sleeper. Use a blanket for support like Augustmum has suggested and he should be fine x

Dylan is much more comfy on his front or side but I am paranoid about it so wouldn't put him down like that at night, I wouldn't be able to relax. I let him have short naps like it in the day when I am watching him. Not sure if that's ok, but he is so comfy like it! X

The safest way for you're baby to sleep is on their back - it significantly lowers the risk of SIDS compared to side or tummy sleeping. That said however some baby's will not settle like that.

Im paranoid about SIDS due to a family history, but G hates her back, i put her on her side like the ladies above said with a towel behind her, its not AS safe as on her back, but you need to do whats right for you. I dont think id be comfortable risking tummy sleeping at the moment, xxx

Henry likes to sleep on his side do I prop him up with a blanket front and back and make sure he is slightly angled to the back.

I'm so relieved because my little girl also prefers to sleep on her side. If she's really tired she sleeps on her back but sometimes I have to put her on her side (if she's having a nap e.g). I always watch her closely, but now I will build up with blankets As well!!

Thank u ladies!!

My LO never liked being on his back, from about 2 weeks old he slept on each side and sometimes tummy. We used to turn him in his sleep (my mum did this with me and my bro and MIL did this with hers also). He still prefers to sleep on his sides of tummy but will sleep on his back now too.

All the babies in both my side of the family and OHs slept on their tummy and it's the only way sophie will sleep for long periods of time. If she sleeps on her back then she wakes herself up with her arms and swaddling didn't work because she hated having her arms fixed. It also helped when she had colic.

Before I put her on her front I checked she could lift her head well enough and I make sure there's no blankets in the way. It works really well for us xx

My little guy loved being on his front in SCBU and they always let him cos he had a breathing mat and alarm and it helped his colic. Now we are out I am struggling to get him to settle on his back. When he falls asleep with us it is upright on our chests. My 14 year old was the same but being younger and more slap dash I just let him. Now I am paranoid letting AJ sleep on his front. :-(

I spoke to health visitor today and she said to always put them on their back but if they turn themselves then it's fine! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back