Sickline at the doctors

adele88

Reaction score
Right am 16+ weeks pregnant 17 weeks on friday. I just recently started a course which jobcentre plus sent me on as part of the new deal process. I dont feel i can be there to be honest its really stressing me out, so I have booked an appointment at the doctors for tomorrow morning. Whats the best thing to say to the doctor for him to give me a sickline so I can get out of this 2 week course. Please help everyone lol xx

Hey hun,

Whats the course? Is it suitable for a pregnant women? (no heavy lifting etc)

I know that you are not feeling up to doing the course at the moment but imagine how you are going to feel once you have completed it. You will feel a sense of acheivement that through a difficult and stressful time you managed to find the strengh to complete it and you will also be 2 weeks further along in your pregancy :) (which may go by quicker as you have been busy).

If you really don't think that you are able to complete it then just be truthful and tell him the course is causing you too much stress and your worried for your health and therfore the baby's.
xxxx

Hey hun,

Whats the course? Is it suitable for a pregnant women? (no heavy lifting etc)

I know that you are not feeling up to doing the course at the moment but imagine how you are going to feel once you have completed it. You will feel a sense of acheivement that through a difficult and stressful time you managed to find the strengh to complete it and you will also be 2 weeks further along in your pregancy :) (which may go by quicker as you have been busy).

If you really don't think that you are able to complete it then just be truthful and tell him the course is causing you too much stress and your worried for your health and therfore the baby's.
xxxx

its a course the jobcentre centre me on quite pointless to be honest would be better in the house. CV building internet techniques and so on considering i have a CV lol. I really just feel stressed and cant concentrate and that. I was just worried he wouldnt give me one?xx

Last edited:
your going to be on jsa till 29wks so even if u get a sicknote now you will still have to do course plus if you take sicknote into jobcentre your then have to go onto sick benifit which an take a few weeks to come thru i know it a pain but think carefully you could be giving yourself a worse headache by not doing it best of luck tho x

your going to be on jsa till 29wks so even if u get a sicknote now you will still have to do course plus if you take sicknote into jobcentre your then have to go onto sick benifit which an take a few weeks to come thru i know it a pain but think carefully you could be giving yourself a worse headache by not doing it best of luck tho x

i understand what you are saying but i suffered 2 mc in the past and had bleeding again last week after my scan i just aint feeling up to it. I have been falling alsleep in class and everything not just out of boredum.

Think ur self lucky, i much rather bein sat in a class room doin abit on a computer than working full time

i understand what you are saying but i suffered 2 mc in the past and had bleeding again last week after my scan i just aint feeling up to it. I have been falling alsleep in class and everything not just out of boredum.

if you had bleedng chat to your dr they might put you on longterm sick to cover you the next 12wks till you can swap to income support

It would take your mind off things perhaps? Also would look good on your CV that you've done the course, its not just about the content of the course they look for participation too.

Think ur self lucky, i much rather bein sat in a class room doin abit on a computer than working full time

well.. i know what you are saying i wish i was working full-time just now too and getting a wage would be much better than on the bru i cant stand it lol. The course aint on computers its like being back at school with loads of immature little boys. The course aint worthwhile you dont get anything out of it apart from building your CV which mine is perfect already lol

if you had bleedng chat to your dr they might put you on longterm sick to cover you the next 12wks till you can swap to income support

thanks for your help will wait and see what the doctors says tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back