Doctors Appointment tommorrow

BellaRiven

Reaction score
So I have booked an appointment at the doctors tommorrow as Mr Man has not been moving at all this last week and a bit, I have maybe felt one good strong kick.

I know it's really early still but I would rather be paranoid and get checked out than leave it and there be a problem later on.

Do you think I am being too paranoid?

xx

Not being paranoid at all. At my 20 week scan I was given a phone number to ring if I felt something isn't right. I can ring this number at anytime and they will either give me advice or book me into the antenatal assessment unit to get checked. Is there nothing like this in your area? xx

I hope everything is fine and I hope I can reassure you in staying that some times Noah has a couple of very quiet days and I get just as paranoid and freaked out.

A check up is a brilliant idea so you can put your mind at rest

Fingers crossed all is ok

xxxxxxxx

No, you're not paranoid :) Best to get things checked if you're worried.

hey hun

ur defo not being paranoid but i would of rang maternity unit by now as in my area u can call after 20 weeks before that its a & e or MW, they ususally get u to go in and be monitored etc

hope all is ok for you :) xx

I rang the maternity unit first and they said that it was normal for baby to go quiet sometimes!! they did say if I get too worried to go down there, I just feel stupid as I am sure it's fine and all I want is to check the HB.

Like I say i'm paranoid :) if after I have been to the docs I still don't feel movement I will go to the Maternity Unit I just didn't wanna waste their time :)

if thats what they recommend to you then hun, but my hospital are really funny if u say no movement they have you in straight away and shout at you for delaying it :) as although sometimes the HB is fine it can sometimes indicate other stuff!!

my 1st i had lack of movement and went straight into be monitored and they found him to be growing quite small and had me in every week to check on him, 1 week monitor and scanning of placenta and week after monitoring and growth scan and they alternated this all the way too the end!! dont think ur being silly as ur not!!

there was a posting on this in tri 3 about movements!! will have a look what it is for you :) xxx

if thats what they recommend to you then hun, but my hospital are really funny if u say no movement they have you in straight away and shout at you for delaying it :) as although sometimes the HB is fine it can sometimes indicate other stuff!!

my 1st i had lack of movement and went straight into be monitored and they found him to be growing quite small and had me in every week to check on him, 1 week monitor and scanning of placenta and week after monitoring and growth scan and they alternated this all the way too the end!! dont think ur being silly as ur not!!

there was a posting on this in tri 3 about movements!! will have a look what it is for you :) xxx

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/third-trimester/228142-information-all.html

this is the link to the post on movements in tri 3, really dont wont to worry you and im sure everthing is ok with LO :) xx

hmmmm, Maybe I will call them again tommorow then and book a time to go in.

thanks for the info Lyndsey xxx

If you're concerned defo get yourself down to maternity assessment. Our local hospital is absolutely fantastic, I was in and out with my son and they never made you feel like you were wasting their time.

Don't worry about feeling paranoid or neurotic or anything, honestly it's not worth leaving it. My cousin left a condition coz she thought she was being a bit fussy and ended up that she had pre-eclampsia and baby had to be born asap at 24 1/2 weeks gestation by time she got seen (I know this is a different situation and don't want to scare you, but honestly it's not worth leaving it for feeling a bit silly or something. Your baby is too important.

xxxxxx

hmmmm, Maybe I will call them again tommorow then and book a time to go in.

thanks for the info Lyndsey xxx

no probs hun :) i just know i would be really worried and would of gone in by now lol, but im a born worrier when it comes to babies and me kids!!

fingers crossed for you, and keep us updated!! but im sure he is just being a typical lad, lazy!! xxxxx

hope all goes well, am having a quiet day myself.
Midwife said yesterday to ring the numbers on the front of my notes so thats the maternity unit x

Hope all goes well today at the dr's BellaRiven, as we've previously discussed I have been concerned as well, but she had a major kick fest day before yesterday then a quiet day again yesterday so I guess we're at that stage at the moment. xx

Hey Ladies

First of all I want to say thanks for your support your all amazing :)

We went to the doctors this morning and heard littlemans heartbeat :) it was nice and strong and he even deigned to kick the monitor lol! we had a brief moment where she couldn;t find his heartbeat and I think mine skipped one or two but she did eventually.

I rang the maternity unit and they advised that at this stage all they would do is listen to baby's heartbeat anyway, so I said I had booked a doctors appointment so I wouldn't go down there.

It has left me feeling so reassured and I am now wondering about buying a doppler, now were getting to the later stages it may be easier to hear baby and it will help if I get this neurotic :)

Glad LO was well behaved for you hun and that everything is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back