• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sick of being pregnant

claireyfairey

Reaction score
Girls, I really don't know how I am going to make it through the next 7 weeks... :wall:

I was so excited to be pregnant at first, and enjoyed reaching every exciting milestone...I loved it. But now? I'm sort of bored with it all. I can't explain this very well, bear with me! When my OH and his family sit in the garden with a nice bottle of Shiraz, I am upset. I wish I could join in. It's not that I want to get wrecked, I'd just love to sit and enjoy a glass of wine. Oh god, I sound like an alcoholic! :oops:

I've been in a foul mood for the last few weeks. I'm bored and that's always the worst for me, I get horrendously grumpy when I am bored! I'm sick of sitting around thinking of nothing but baby, and my heart sinks when I think I've potentially got another 7 - 10 weeks until I get to meet my LO :(

I'm just so fed up. Everyone's trying to give me advice, and talk to me about my baby but it just makes me feel worse!!! I don't want to talk about babies, or anything to do with pregnancy, I'm so fed up with waiting!!! :wall:

I don't know if any of this makes sense :? I love my baby girl and I cannot wait to meet her...the waiting is just doing my head in, that's all :shhh:

C xxx

:hug:

It's not much longer now. I feel that all the initial excitement has now gone and just knackered now. Feeling guilty about wanting my body back and that I should be wanting baby more than worrying about feeling like a 90 year old but I'm 100% certain that when baby is born I will so happy that I will forget all about this horrible achey, boring last few weeks.

i know exactly how you feel..even the shiraz part!!!! i get impatient and fed up really quickly and now to top it all up i m five days overdue and no sign of baby whatsoever!

I sympathise!

Nothing interesting to look up on google about Evie's development...
No exciting pictures to see what she might look like now as she's a full grown baby...
Uncomfortable...
Can't sleep very well...
Constantly needing the loo...
Can't shave...
Struggling to have baths...
No clothes fit me any more...
I've had my room set up for a baby for months now but no baby!...

There is so much more!

I just want my baby ASAP!! To think I have 2 weeks to go til I'm due is great, to think it could be 4+ weeks is NOT!!

:hug: xx

claireyfairey said:
Girls, I really don't know how I am going to make it through the next 7 weeks... :wall:

I was so excited to be pregnant at first, and enjoyed reaching every exciting milestone...I loved it. But now? I'm sort of bored with it all. I can't explain this very well, bear with me! When my OH and his family sit in the garden with a nice bottle of Shiraz, I am upset. I wish I could join in. It's not that I want to get wrecked, I'd just love to sit and enjoy a glass of wine. Oh god, I sound like an alcoholic! :oops:

I've been in a foul mood for the last few weeks. I'm bored and that's always the worst for me, I get horrendously grumpy when I am bored! I'm sick of sitting around thinking of nothing but baby, and my heart sinks when I think I've potentially got another 7 - 10 weeks until I get to meet my LO :(

I'm just so fed up. Everyone's trying to give me advice, and talk to me about my baby but it just makes me feel worse!!! I don't want to talk about babies, or anything to do with pregnancy, I'm so fed up with waiting!!! :wall:

I don't know if any of this makes sense :? I love my baby girl and I cannot wait to meet her...the waiting is just doing my head in, that's all :shhh:

C xxx

This could have been posted by me!!! I swear I feel exactly the same. It won't be long now though hun,
I already have a night out planned for after the birth! xxx

I know exactly how you feel :hug:

I'm permanently uncomfortable and move like an old lady. I can't wait to get my body back! I don't even care about the pain of giving birth now, I just want him out!

I fed up of talking about babies and people asking how I feel (even though I realise they are just being caring). I want to sleep properly and even though I realise that will be near impossible with a baby - I still think it'll be preferable.

I'm getting to the point where I've forgotten what it's like to not be pregnant!

Sounds like me aswell hun.

I feel selfish as i just want to be horse riding again and around horses. I have just over 7 weeks aswell and it sounds so long away when thats all you think about.

I have found that doing something, like with me i play on OH's playstation 3 with him helps or just reading a book passes the time. I have great mates aswell who have house parties so i dont have to go out up town and they happen almost every weekend. I know its a pain not being able drink but its still great fun to have mates around. Also tell the people who are asking you how you are and so on that you just dont want to talk about it as its making you feel so down.

Hope this helps xx

I've still got 11 - 13 weeks left and I feel EXACTLY the same. I'm gagging for a nice cold glass of wine with a meal one night and to be able to just sleep in a comfortable position, to get up off the sofa without saying 'ouch', to be able to put my shoes and socks on again etc etc etc

I know it's meant to be a wonderful time and all that, and in the beginning when baby was changing every week it was really exciting now all I get on my weekly progress emails are 'baby's a bit bigger this week'!! :wall: :wall: I know that..... I can tell!

I don't wish baby out a minute sooner than would be safe for them but I'm just willing the weeks away now so I can meet them and get back to being normal again.

Silly thing is though.....as much as I'm fed up of it now, I think I'll miss it when it's over :think: :wall:

I feel you pain claire and everyone, I had a growth scan today and the consultant asked if I wanted another, I cant be arsed, how bad is that? Another oppertunity to see LO and I gave it up coz Im feeling fed up :roll:

And there was me last week enjoying being pregnant, but reading this has made me realise how i have also had enough now.
I can't really grumble that much because i know that my little fella HAS to come soon. But :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 's to you all who have a few weeks left and i hope you get the massive burst of energy and good feelings i had.

It's a relief to know I'm not the only one counting down the days! I feel bad for wishing it was was over, but I'm just fed up and I can't help it!!!

Have had a good day today though, been sorting through loads of stuff. Have moved about a lot lately so have lots of things in boxes, so have been sorting through and throwing stuff out - will hopefully have everything sorted by the time LO arrives! It's kept my mind off things today which has helped loads.

C xxx

Wait til you go overdue :(

:lol: Ignore me, I'm in a fed up mood today, but I know just how you feel.....I'd been counting the minutes til 4th August and I'm still bloody pregnant..... And I'm getting induced in 4 days but it feels like 4 years!

I just keep telling myself that once they're here they're here for good so a few weeks won't kill us :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: the last few weeks are hard hun but Id allow yourself a glass of wine! I had a few glasses now and then :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tillytots said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: the last few weeks are hard hun but Id allow yourself a glass of wine! I had a few glasses now and then :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hehe, that post made me laugh! A few people have said this to me now, even dh wants me to have
a glass to 'chill' me out a lil bit. The only reason i've refused is because 1 won't be enough!

xx

I'm still OK being pregnant but I must admit its getting more uncomfy now and difficult to sleep.

I just keep thinking its not long to go now !!! :pray:

Tillytots said:

I agree, I think the stress of you not having one would be worse then having a glass, not like you're going out on the lash...

I too know how you ladies feel, and at first i felt so guilty after the mc's that I was being ungrateful but i think its a bit deeper then that. I think EVERY woman feels this way towards the end, I guess to start off with we're not that far along so we learn to mentally cope, but in the later days it becomes uncofmy and I think that "I want my baby now" itch sets in because:

The prams, cots, clothes are bought
The rooms/nurseries are ready

And as Danni said our babies are safe to shore so if they are born now things will most likely be ok because they are babies and not shrimps, jellybeans.

I don't know if this helps any of you ladies but what I have been doing has really been helping... Im trying to do as much things to busy myself that i would NOT be able to do when baby is here.

Go out for meals with friends, family or OH, get EVERYTHING in order you wouldn't be able to do, sort finances, clear out the cupboards and reorder, start enjoying sleep, sod it! Sleep in, stay up late get up late or sleep whenever you want, watch movies, do things which require concentration, knitting, read a book, see a friend.

Oh and have sex (If you can...)

Obviously the above wont stop the aches and pains, lack of sleep on some days but at least we can say we enjoyed it while it lasted..

I'm also throughly fed up :(
I get annoyed with anyone commenting on baby/bump or asking questions....I've already listed all the things I want I just need the money which wont be until the end of NEXT month :wall: ....I'm sick of him squiggling around inside me since now he's so big it's more elbows scraping along my stomach than kicks (which feels disgusting :puke: ) ...urgh...this week feel so long! on tues it thought it was thurs...on wed i thought the same....today when i woke up I had to check with my other half it WAS actually friday :shock: :x

I'm in the same boat!! I have at LEAST 11 weeks to go - Christ that is sooooooooo long!!!
My back aches, I can't sleep, burning indigestion, a very squiggly baby who thinks I am a punch bag, can't eat as my stomach is all squashed up, I know this is gross but I've forgotten what my pubes look like!!! DH will need to do some gardening!! :oops:
Hang on in there, It'll be worth it in the end..............
xxxxx

i do know where your coming from.......... i felt the same with my 1st.
But honestly when you have had her and she is a few months old, you will miss being pregnant.
This time round im just trying to enjoy every second as i found i wished most of my 1st pregnancy away. I know its hard but it will soon come round and you will soon be holding your little one, try to enjoy whats left of your pregnancy (easier said than done) because you will miss being pregnant too in a few yrs time xxx
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Noor~ul~Usman said:
I'm sick of him squiggling around inside me since now he's so big it's more elbows scraping along my stomach than kicks (which feels disgusting :puke: )

Damn girl thats a tad harsh??

:think: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back