sick and mucus?

ToriElla

Reaction score
just wondered if anyone else's baby has been really mucusy and sickly after birth? eva keeps bringing up mucus and being sick all night and it distresses her and goes everywhere!! it's making it hard for me to sleep cos i have to keep checking her and moping it up. she has puked into my bra twice now!!

is this normal for a 5day old? how long does it take to clear?

i had this when i was in hospital they didn't suck out his mouth and nose like you see them do on telly and subsequently all night he was brionging up mucus - which terrified me as i thought he would choke - mv just said 'oh its normal' /....thanks :x but he did this too the night we took him home and my hubby was up all night just keeping an ieye on him so neither of us had any sleep for about 62 hours!! but it did clear up by day 3. ask your MV

Aimee did this for about a week before it cleared up and she didn't have any suction when she was born either. Not sure if they do it anymore. She also had bloody mucus in hef poo for a few days when she was a week old but midwife said it was normal and it takes a while to come out.

Rubie was very mucousy in hospital, she wasn't hoovered out at birth either but she was a few hours later because she was going stiff and blue while she was bringing it up. It took a few days for it to clear.

Thomas started at 2 weeks old and it is getting worse!!! He will be 6 weeks old on thursday.

Ella was very mucusy when she was born, I expected them to suction her aswell but they didnt. She is now 3 and a half weeks and still brings up some mucus when she is sick, she is quite sniffly sometimes aswell but it seems to be on and off. When she was about a week old she was very sniffly and she kept coughing and sneezing too bless her!

gets worrying when you think they are going to choke on it. at first i was feeding her and then having to hold her upright to get rid of it - so the first night i was home i didn't sleep much at all. seems to have all cleared now! so i can sleep between feeds - woo :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back