Siatica! :(

MrsGrant

Reaction score
It hurts!

Does anyone else have this?

Every time I put weight on my left leg (even my bum cheek whilst I'm sitting) I get a shooting pain up the back of my left thigh, bum cheek and lower back! :(

When I'm walking, it sometimes even makes my leg give way, it's awful!

How do you get rid of it?

The only thing that seems to be working for me are baths, but as soon as I get out it starts up again! I wish I could lay in the bath all day but it's not very practical lol :wall2:

I've had this really badly. I've found that laying on opposite side relieves pain a bit, and like you I'm spending so much time in the bath!!

I have suffered more this time, than with my son. My left arse cheek permanently hurts!!! I normally use my opposite foot to take my shoes off - if that makes sense lol - but using my left foot I can barely remove the right shoe my leg is so weak and sore.

OMG I'm so pitiful atm lol xxx

You can stretch it out by lying on your back and hugging your knees (hard with bumps but do your best) also whilst on your back with bent legs lean them to the opposit side. Do them both between 15-30 secs each a few times a day and it should start to ease off. I had the problem before pregnancy but haven't suffered during and these stretches really did help. Maybe sitting on the good old gym ball might help too? Good luck x

You can stretch it out by lying on your back and hugging your knees (hard with bumps but do your best) also whilst on your back with bent legs lean them to the opposit side. Do them both between 15-30 secs each a few times a day and it should start to ease off. I had the problem before pregnancy but haven't suffered during and these stretches really did help. Maybe sitting on the good old gym ball might help too? Good luck x

I can't lay on my back it's agony!!! :'(

Thanks for replying everyone, do we know what causes it? :S

Sciatica is usually due to a trapped nerve, so I would guess that baby is pressing on something. I got this a few years back and suffered with it for over 3 months as the docs weren't interested, only resolved it by seeing the sports therapy guy at my work! Other than that u need to try and stretch it out, I did it by lying on my back and hugging my knee in close, but not sure how u could do this if ur back is sore to lie on xx

I've had sciacta on/off through my pregnancy too. which is bad enough but when you have spd you feel a cripple haha. you should see me getting outta bed walk like an ape :p lol

lol an ape :p

my ankles have swollen now to, doh!

Lol oh gran said to him the other day "danielle must be looking swell" he said "swelt more like" :s think the only things thats "swelt" is my bump and boobs lol x

Have you tried going to see an osteopath? Might be worth a shot if you can't stretch it out.

Instead of lying on your back to do the stretch you could sit on a dinning room chair and bring one knee at a time up to your chest. Apparently these stretches work best at night.

Really hope it eases soon, must be agony xx

LO has taken to lying on my sciatic nerve, so i know it is very, very painful!
if im in the wrong position, i can be stuck for ages!

i find trying to shift slowly into a different position helps. and i think there are stretches you can do.

xx

I keep waking up in the night on my back because I've rolled over in my sleep, and I get stuck and can't roll back over haha xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back