shyly poking my head around the door...

Constantstar

Reaction score
Hi all, well I'm shyly poking my head into trimester 1! After having a mc in april, and a false neg in. aug. I can finally breathe and say ' I'm 6 weeks 3 days pregnant'

I'm absolutely petrified of every pain and cramp!
And also very superstitious! Like I wasn't going to post on here but thought I need to talk to someone or I'll go mad!!and I refuse to have a ticker till I'm past 12 weeks!!
Also for example my mum back in april said u should have hot baths so I refuse to have a bath and only had showers!! I feel like I'm gunna jinx myself!
So far we haven't told anyone.not even mum or dad which is sooo hard!!we just are scared before 12 weeks! We wanna know everything is ok! I've got twinges and cramps and they scared me today so called the docs and spoke to the nurse who said if there is no bleeding its natural to feel period cramps which has made me feel better!

I've got my booking in appoint next thurs At 7 weeks 6 days! If my calculations are right from lmp I will be 12 weeks on christmas eve!! We r hoping that docs will get us in for a scan before christmas day! If not we r going to pay for a private scan so that I know everything is ok as christmas period will be sooo hard otherwise!!

Sorry to rant on. I'm just very scared and worried esp with the niggles and cramps I just want it all to be ok this time xxx

Last edited:
Hey, congratulations!! You must be so happy!!

You will not be alone - all I did in Tri 1 was worry about symptoms, lack of symptoms, stomach ache, not having a stomach ache, lol!
I also paid for a private scan at 8 weeks - and was worth every penny - 12 weeks is such a long time to wait!
But enjoy it, and try and relax!! (easier said than done from me!) xxxx

Congratulations! We found out when i was 8 weeks pregnant but were far too excited to keep quiet! I am like you, worrying about every ache and pain which I think is normal the first time round! Try not to worry and you can always ring the dr for advice of your worried about anything! Good luck with your pregnancy x

Congratulations!! Totally understand where you are coming from hun - having a miscarriage tends to replace all the joy and excitement of early pregnancy with constant anxiety and worry! I was convinced I'd lose this baby after having experienced a miscarriage in May...I used to say 'if I have this baby' not 'when I have this baby'. I didn't relax until my 12 week scan when I knew everything was ok,. Not sure how best to advise you...just take it one day at a time, try to focus on the postives (you have an 80% chance of this being a healthy pregnancy), and don't read up about negative stuff on google it'll drive you crazy!! Good luck, hope the time flies by for you!! xx

Congratulations Constantstar! I've just got my BFP and got it 2 days before my period was due. Although I'm now officially late I'm still freaking out at all the cramps...I almost can't figure out if they are AF cramps or not - I how could I forget!?!
I'm scared about getting a ticker too...mine would look ridiculous anyway as I'm only just over 4 weeks!
Anyway, an early scan sounds ideal for you and especially before Christmas!
What is visible at an 8 week scan? Is it just the reassurance of a heartbeat etc, or can you see the baby that early on?

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! :love:

Aww congrats hun, I really hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months x

congratulations hun, im sure youll appreciate coming over to tri 1 - we all have worries and its so much easier to share them here! x

Congratulations, I found out I am pregnant on sunday and the doctor confirmed it yesterday

Congratulations. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.xx

Oooh I have just seen this post Constant Star! yayyy super congratulations to you.
I know what you mean ref the worring, just try to relax, it really is out of your hands hun.

So exciting to see one of my girls back in Tri 1 X

if my calculations are correct il be exactly 12 weeks on xmas eve lol im sure my ticker things wrong need to fix it same as you had a mc last year and terrified its going to happen again refuse to even take paracetemol this time round wishing you good luck and a happy healthy 9 months and possibly if were correct our little uns could share a birthday lol xx

Just seen your post- huge congratulations!!! It's so difficult not telling everyone but I was the same and wanted to wait until the scan before even telling my parents. Fingers crossed you get your scan date before xmas
xxx

big congrats i was superstious too i had a bottle of folic acid on worktop for first tri left it out intire pregnancy as it was my lucky bottle lol it still there now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back