should i wake her up?

trixipaws

Reaction score
reading other peoples threads it seems everyone else's babies sleep for a lot longer at nite than mine. (she goes to bed with me at midnite-1am and we're up at 8 or 9)
she does nap lots during the day, should i be stopping her from doing it so she sleeps more at nite?
atm i'm still letting her lead i feed her on demand and let her sleep whenever she wants. should i try to structure her sleep? if so how many naps do i allow and for how long?

I did the same as you to start with and then each week, moved her bed time 30min earlier until she got in to the routine and now she goes to bed at 7.30/8pm(ish) (well until her Daddy left for work and now she is looking for him until 11pm :roll: )

I think midnight to 8 or 9am is a long time trixipaws :)
Isaac will go to sleep around 11pm'ish but then he'll be up around 3am then 7am, wish he'd sleep through :lol:

Personally I don't wake Isaac, but I guess if you want to instill a routine you'd have to :think:

Redshoes said:

Isaac will go to sleep around 11pm'ish but then he'll be up around 3am then 7am, wish he'd sleep through :lol:

Personally I don't wake Isaac, but I guess if you want to instill a routine you'd have to :think:

Ryans the same, bed at about 11pm then he wakes at 3am and 7am. I dont restrict his sleep at all during the day and I dont plan to start, Im happy with the way things are and so is he :)

We had a night routine from day one-she goes down at 7pmish until 7am now but her daytime nap are all over the place...some days she will nap for an hour in morning, and hour in afternoon, and some days she will sleep for 3 hours at lunchtime!!! She loves her sleep so I always let her sleep, even if she slept all afternoon, after her tea and bath she would go down no probs and sleep through

I am a believer in letting a baby sleep as and when they are tired, worked for us-we have a very content baby and mummy!!

I don't think she is sleeping badly atall

Dylan goes down at about 9.30 has a feed at about 5 or 6 then sleeps to between 8 &9 at

At you LO's age he was having a feed at about 2/3 am and not going to bed till 10-11

I agree with redshoes let her sleep in the day if she needs to otherwise you are dealing with an overtired baby which is no fun atall

x-kirsty-x said:
Redshoes said:

Ryans the same, bed at about 11pm then he wakes at 3am and 7am. I dont restrict his sleep at all during the day and I dont plan to start, Im happy with the way things are and so is he :)
kirsty & redshoes, i shouldv said millie does get up 2 or 3 times within those 8 hours, usually at 4 or 5 then at 6 or 7. but some babies go 2 bed at like 7pm and sleep in til 9am!

hey :wave:

i think that it is way to early for you to be waking Melissa up, i think think about this with renee, but i think she needs her sleep. i would think it would be quite hard to keep a baby up...

:hug:

My little boy used to go to be about 7.30pm and we would wake him at 11..00pm for a feed and he'd wake for feeds at 2.00am and 5.00am and then he would tell us it's time to get up at 6.00am.

Now he goes to bed at around 7.30pm and we wake him to feed him at 11.00pm and then he sleeps through until a feed when he wakes at 4.30am and then he wants to get up between 6.30am and 7.00am.

So I think it's just a gradual thing.
As he takes more food on board he seems to be sleeping for longer in the night.
And I'm hoping that by Chrstmas we'll be on a 7.30pm - 7.30am with just 1 feed inbetween.

I just let him dictate and it's slowly getting better.

Cx

I let imogen sleep when she needs too but shes only a week old! I wake hwer every 3half hours for a feed so she gets her milk in for the night.

I bath her at 6pm and it really wakes her up and she stays awake for a couple of hours and goes to bed at 9.30pm.but she will will wake every few hours still for a bottle and me and oh take it in turns to get up with her.

I think it all sounds great what your doing hun, but why not think abioutr getting her into a routine for bed. She will wake you when she s hungary x

Isaac sleeps so little I'm beginning to think he's got insomnia but I've also decided to take it as fact that some babies sleep a lot, and routinely, and some just don't, so as long as your little girl's happy trixipaws, I wouldn't worry, just make it work for her and you :hug:

Willow goes to bed a 6:30 and tje las t few nights she has woke up at 6:30 for a feed then will go back down til 8ish

if i am at home i will put her down at luchtime and she will sleep anything up to 3 hours then have another nap at about 4/5ish.

I like the idea of Sarah's where she adjusted the bed time by half hour each week.

George currently goes to bed when we do at about 11.30-1am then sleeps till 6am, has a feed, then goes till about 10 am. As he's only tiny still so is generally sleeping as/when he wants but I do think in another month or so I'm going to need him to get to proper bedtime earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back