Should I try for another baby?

*Tracey*

Reaction score
Hi, :wave:
I'm Tracey and I'm new to this site. I'm 37 years old and have a three year old son who has recently asked for a baby brother or sister. I know my husband would love to extend the family but I am a little apprehensive. I had an horrendous pregnancy with Sam and spent the last 3 months on crutches due to sciatica. I had a brilliant birth though, all over and done with in 5 hours! I've since suffered problems with my back and have had 2 slipped discs, resulting in spinal surgery to place implants between my vertebrae to keep them apart as the dics have collapsed. This has greatly improved my health and movement, but I am obviously apprehensive in case this happens again.
Can anyone give me advice? :?

:wave: Hi Tracey,

i would get yourself checked out by your GP or physio, and see what advice they could give you. i think they would be the best people to advise on what would be the best for you Hun.

Hi Linda,
Congratulations. Hope all is going well with you. Have spoken to my consultant and physio and they have said there is no reason why it should happen again and they have been really encouraged by the progress I have made so far. You know what it is like, you just start to think 'what if.........' and I've been told that no two pregnancies are the same. I think I am just after that little bit more reassurance at this stage as I am concious that time is ticking by and I am approaching 38. You hear so many horror stories of it taking people months or even years to conceive. It took nearly 3 years with my son. :|

I know what you mean Hun,

it took us almost 4 years to get to where we are today.

If you've had the all clear from your health professionals, then i dont think there is any reason not to go ahead if thats what you want to do.

i wish you lots of luck in whatever you decide
:hug:

Hi,
Just thought I'd say thanks to everyone who has responded. This appears to be a great site, and I'm having fun looking at all the posts. It's just like one big happy family. Look forward to chatting to some of you in the future hopefully!

Tracey xx :hug:

Hi
Having spoken at length with my husband just now I think we are going to try and give it a go.
Looks like I'll be moving over to the TTC thread.

Welcome tracey! :wave: :wave: :wave:

everyones really friendly in ttc. You'll get a lot of support in there :hug:

Hi MuppetMummy, :wave:

Thanks for your reply. It really does seem like a family with everyone so friendly. I'm trying to get my head around all the abbreviations at the mo.
Good luck for your test later this week.

Tracey :)

Good luck hun,

sending you loads of baby dust

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member