Should I give in to a dummy!?

Nicole mummy

Reaction score
My son is almost 3 weeks old and a bit of a nightmare already!
He is my 4th child who I'm breast feeding and if he is awake he is grumpy all the time and just wants to be on the breast or in my arms. I'm so tired!!! I'm up all night feeding and then up with my 3 year old at 6am then school run at 8:30am.
To help him settle and give me and my boobs a break I'm thinking I want to give him a dummy but my husband is against the idea and feels we should battle it out. Help! I'm going insane! X

I really didn't want to give a dummy to my daughter but when she was a couple of days old and nothing would settle her bar being attached to the boob but not really sucking my OH went and bought some. I tried not to give them but in the end it was the only way I was ever going to get any sleep. We never suffered from nipple confusion, and I'm not letting her keep it for ages. I am already starting to use it a bit less, and try to keep it for when she needs to sleep or when she's really grouchy.

I hope whatever you decide to do you get some rest soon!xxx

I felt the same about dummies Hun but Harry was comfort sucking, I was tired and it seemed like cutting my nose of to spite my face if I refused a dummy. I gave in n it worked. I kno I will have fun n games getting it off him but for me it was worth it cxxx

Only 1 of my boys had a dummy and it was for the same reason. He was almost 20 months when we took it off him. Isaac is 19 days off and I am not enjoying it this time round at all. All he does is scream and feed its so stressful. Sod it buying one tomorrow because I can't keep feeling like this. X

I think dummies can be an absolute godsend! We gave DS one at 3 weeks for similar reasons and it definitely helped. We didn't have problems with nipple confusion either. He had it mainly just for sleeping until around 15 months and weaning him off it was surprisingly easy! I'd have no hesitation in giving a dummy to this baby if I think she needs it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back