Dummies and breast feeding

Lulabell

Reaction score
Is anyone breast feeding exclusively and using a dummy? How old was your little one when you introduced them to the dummy and did you have any problems getting them to latch on after?

I want to use a dummy to help settle josh at night in his Moses basket but he is under 2 weeks old. I'm worried about him not latching on properly after. We have had no issues so far with breast feeding.

Your experiences would be greatly appreciated.xx

I used 1 and had a prob the next day but he was only a few days old. Today he was crying I tried 1 he wouldn't take it but he was hungry. Will poss try again in the future!

Cam had his dummy from 2 weeks old and is BF although he needed formula top ups in hospital. He's never had any latching problems x

When I was BF Alice she had a dummy a night to settle her. Never had latch problems x

Think I'll leave it a little bit longer then. HV said it's best recommended to leave til 4 weeks but if bf'ing fine then I could use it sooner.

Best to leave it until 4 weeks but not too much later as I now have the problem of Kynon using me as the comfort as he won't take a dummy

Used a dummy with F from 2/3 weeks with no latch issues. She doesn't take a dummy reliably as it falls out v. Easily but its sometimes helpful. She'd.much rather have a finger to suck! LOL

I think Issac was about 2weeks as he was comforting on me, i tried the orthodontic teat buy he kept opening his mouth to wide so he took a cherry teat and no problem with latch after x

We bought a dummy for emergencies (eg. Hungry/upset baby in moving car) but we only used it from 11 weeks so obviously there were no latching issues by then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back