Should I call my midwife?

Sunnyb

Reaction score
I'm a bit worried this morning as I normally have regular flutterings of baby movement. Yesterday & this morning I've not had them. Should I call the midwife & ask if she can check for a heartbeat? I have my 20 week scan next week, but don't to be worrying all that time & then find out something bad at the scan.
Feel sick with nerves now.

Sunnyb x :(

Eat something that will stimulate the bubs. Or drink some coke. Or a hot shower. Phone ur midwife, that's what they are there for...

There's no harm in calling. Let us know how you get on.

x

as above, Ive heard that you can try and eat something that will make little one be a bit more active :)
but if you are worried then call the midwife, thats what they are there for, dont sit worrying yourself for the next couple of weeks :)

drinking coke should get bubs moving i didnt notice my baby all day sat but it was moving away yesterday to make up for it if it doesnt move after a while id ring the labour ward and go in for monitering

Thanks for your advice so far. I'm going to take my son to school & then have a sugary breakfast of Frosties & Coca Cola & then if no movement will call my midwife.

Sunnyb xxx

dont forget to lie down and relax when your trying to pick up movement as i never notice mine moving when im on the go

Aww Sunny let us know how you get on hun!

Like Midnight I do not notice any movement while on the go only while taking time out to relax.

xx

Hiya!

I don't feel flutterings at all some days and then other days (like yesterday) baby doesn't stop moving!

I'm sure your little one is just fine but if you are worried then yes give your Midwife a call! It's her job to look after you after all! :)

xxx

id prob to call to put ur mind at rest.. I was at docs on Fri as i cant feel my little man moving at all and hes my second i felt my first son around now but nothing with this they checked heartbeat and hes fine an now im fine again knowing all ok. :) x

I don't think you can guarantee daily movements until around 25 weeks hun.....they say ring the midwife if you don't feel regular movements at around 27 weeks...so I wouldn't worry too much. It could be your baby has chaanged position and is lying further back xx

I posted the same question today...i was worrying so i used my doppler and found the heartbeat. Everything will be ok x

I spoke to the midwife, who advised me that I may not feel movements depending on where baby was laid. She said if I was still worried in a couple of days time to go see her & she'd listen for the heartbeat with the Doppler. I was in the bath last night & totally relaxed & the flutters were there!!!!! Yey!!!!! Mind at rest now.

Sunnyb xxx

i havent felt flutters for a few days but sure everything is fine. ive been rushing around too much i think. i have had the odd pop as i call them which i think is baby.

glad you felt them last night. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back