Should he be having 3 meals a day?

Dee1985

Reaction score
iv been giving Harley 1 spoon feed a day around 5pm. hes 5months next week...

iv been giving him spoon feed as a top up for the last month now. is it time to up the meals? he is satisfied though with just 1 spoon feed?

If he is satisfied i would leave him with one meal
and start introducing a second meal at around 6 months then go from there.

Best thing to do is let him lead you, as you already know with Dior milk is best for them just yet

I guess if he's happy then its fine.
Jamie is on 3 meals a day now. The H/V told us just to judge & let him lead us in a way. He started to wake during the night, not much or for long, but I decided to try him on brekkie as well as his milk & he's been sleeping through since then.

After a while he started to do it again so we increased the amount of solids & he's back to sleeping through.

Nikki how often does Jamie have bottles of milk? and how many oz?

He has 5 bottles in a 24 hour period & he usually drinks about 7 oz sometimes less sometimes more. We give him about 4 baby spoonfuls of breakfast, 2 cubes of veg for lunch & dinner & some fruit puree for pudding. At his last feed of the day (22.00) he just has his bottle of milk.

Whats Harley having?

Harley has

9oz at 9am
9oz at 12pm
9oz at 3pm
2 rusks at 6pm
90z 8pm

he does seem happy with it. might wait untill he seems abit unsettled again then try him with breakfast.

i was giving him breakfast at 9am instead of the bottle but he seemed very unsettled after so iv stoppped

With Damien I started with lunch, then an evening dinner, then breakfast at about 6 months or so. Took a few months to get him into a routine of dropping the day bottles but now he has 9oz in the morning, and hour later he has breakfast (redybrek with fruit puree), then lunch, then dinner, then 9oz of milk before bed again. He has juie throught the day. Started him with it just out of the bottle but in the last coule of days he has taken to a beaker at last! :cheer:

My HV told me at 8 months they should be having 4-5 bottles a day! :shock: I am struggling trying 2 get Rebecca 2 take 2 bottles a day! :think:

K X said:
My HV told me at 8 months they should be having 4-5 bottles a day! :shock: I am struggling trying 2 get Rebecca 2 take 2 bottles a day! :think:

Brody has only just started drinking more milk after months of not wanting much.
The recommendation for this age is 1 pint, which is 20 oz.

Don't worry if she's not taking this, it's very normal, I just tried to add more milk to food and give him extra yoghurts and custard made with formula etc.

K X said:

Really?! If Damien had that he wouldn't eat! He stopped having 5 bottles when he started weaning as slowly I replaced one bottle by one with juice instead! HV's :wall:

i think that you just have to try things and see what works out for the best. no right or wrong way of weaning your baby.

We started Charlie on solids at just over 17 weeks and he currently has the following:

7am - 6oz bottle & portion of Creamy Rice Pudding or Peach/Banana
Breakfast
12pm - 8oz bottle
4pm - 8oz bottle
6pm - 2 or 3 cubes of veg or fruit puree
8.30pm - 8oz bottle

I am so unsure whether we are doing it right with the evening meal (not feeding him with his bottle) but wanted to allow us to be able to give him his tea for when I return to work next week cos I wont be home until at least 5.30pm. We did try giving him juice or water with his tea but he just sicks it back up cos of the reflux (the food tends to stay down though altough we do have a few carrot stained bibs...started to tuck kitchen roll in the top of his bib instead) but have since dropped the juice and he doesnt ask for milk with his tea but still unsure if were doing this right???
We give him his brekkie and will try and leave things as they are until closer to six months before we introduce lunch as this will have to be given by the childminder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back