Shopping

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I'm off out shopping today

Hoping to get the bulk of things I still need as mobility is really becoming an issue and I want to be involved and not have to rely on people getting stuff for me.

I've got all the clothes I need ... some basic vests and babygrows, hats etc .. some nappies and sudocream and an emergency bottle set in case I need it, however, I have nothing else! :lol:

Need to get all the stuff for my hospital bag and everything from a cot to nappy bags! So may be a while

Anyway the point of my post is with the exception of Tesco Baby Event ... does anyone have any recommendations for bargains at the minute?

Sainsburys little ones have a baby event on atm..
Erm, mothercare and babies r us do too I think? X

Have fun but don't stress yourself out too much!

I completely freaked out the day we went pram shopping as it was so overwhelming.

Do remember that you can get a lot done online as well hun :lol:

xxxxxxxxxx

I was thinking about online shopping, but I'd rather go see things for myself :)

We were meant to be going shoppping today, but OH forgot that he was working 8am-9pm today :( Oh well! x

Well it was quite unsuccessful :-(

Got some sheets (something I've been freaking out about not having), a shawl and a nightie for my hospital bag

So absolutely completely knackered and to add insult to injury .. my hands are really swollen! Hope they go down a bit and I'll take my wedding/engagement rings off

Got some sheets (something I've been freaking out about not having), a shawl and a nightie for my hospital bag

So absolutely completely knackered and to add insult to injury .. my hands are really swollen! Hope they go down a bit and I'll take my wedding/engagement rings off

was wondering how you got on. Last week I was shopping in town for 4 hours and was totally exhausted by the end of it with ankles like elephant trunks. Today we went in just for a couple of hours and i am still knackered!

online shopping hun, and if you do it via quidco you will get cashback and bargains!

with quico you can use Boots (and get advantage points too!), 4% cashback at Mothercare, kiddis-kingdom (very good) and loads more. xx

I didn't want to upset you hun but the day we went shopping I ended up almost in tears in the middle of John Lewis and we came home with a changing mat and a yellow cellular blanket :shock:

It was a crappy day but did serve a purpose. Firstly I now know that next time I'll take my sister with me (OH is more clueless than I am) and secondly it did spur me on to get alot of stuff online!

Since that fateful day we now have a cot and mattress (plus sheets and a waterproof sheet). We're having a crib to begin with so we'll get the bumper and blankets afterwards.

I also have all my clothing essentials (looking online meant I didn't make any impulse purchases) plus bath towels and some baby toiletries!

I've been adding nappies to the weekly online shop so that also helps!

I still have a lot to get BUT thankfully I have a fair bit sorted.

I made an excel list hun and split it into catergories

1) Still to buy (we still need the pram)
2) Already bought (cot, mattress etc..)
3) Gifts and loans (my sis is buying us a bouncer and loaning us her crib)
4) To stockpile (nappies, baby toiletries when on special)

I feel so much more organised now!

Do make sure you take those rings off when you can hun, just in-case!

xxxxxxxxxxx

I had a list, but the shops we ended up in didn't have anything - or were too overpriced (£27 for a fitted cot sheet :shock:)

Feel like I've achieved something, we still haven't found furniture for the nursery though .. I don't like anything (well I do but its too expensive)

I just have fiddly bits to get, I have all the clothes I need for now but don't have blankets and sheets, and nothing for me for hospital like pads and pants and stuff.

I was out with MIL, 2 SIL's, Aunt and Gran, it was all a bit hard due to being exhausted from the wedding yesterday and it generally being a lot of walking which I can't do (but I was under the impression that we were going somewhere with shopmobility so I could get a chair)

Ah well, we are going to do take two, and I can get hubby to take me out during the week.

Its very frustrating that I can't drive anymore or get about easily, I really don't want to do online shopping, cos I want to see what I'm buying

was wondering how you got on. Last week I was shopping in town for 4 hours and was totally exhausted by the end of it with ankles like elephant trunks. Today we went in just for a couple of hours and i am still knackered!

online shopping hun, and if you do it via quidco you will get cashback and bargains!

with quico you can use Boots (and get advantage points too!), 4% cashback at Mothercare, kiddis-kingdom (very good) and loads more. xx

Oooh I use quidco quite a bit, trying to avoid shopping online at the minute, but may resort to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back