Twinges/pains and visit to EPU

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well...this is my first post in here as only got my BFP on Saturday while I was on holiday and just got back today. It's all very exciting but also worrying...

I've been having twinges low down (above pubic bone) on the side that I ovulated on since about 8DPO but in the last few days I've also been having some shooting pains on both sides too so am worried what's going on. Anyone having these so early?

I went to the EPU today and the Dr. said it was probably normal but they would do checks. So had bloods taken to check hcg level and if it's above 1000 I can go in for a scan to check it's not an ectopic. But if hcg is not above 1000 yet then I have to go back on Friday to check hcg level again and to see if it's doubling.

Now I am desperately trying to keep calm and not worry but Friday feels like a long way away!!

SPC xx

Try not to worry Hun, twinges are so common in pregnancy it's normally just the uterus stretching! Fingers crossed everything comes back fine for you x x x

Try and not to worry. When I was pregnant with my son I had so many twinges and pains that occasionally I even had to take pain killers for them, and everything turned out to be fine!

:hug:

Yes, i have just had the same for a few days and it is alarming. Paracetamol helped a lot.

Both sides is good - its when it is localized on one side only that the doctors start to really worry. You'll be fine - I got told that ectopics only start to present with pain between 6-8 weeks gone (normally) so at the moment you and I are too early for that to be a real problem. Probably just normal aches and pains. :)

Thanks for all your replies - I feel reassured. The twinges/pains aren't bad enough to take painkillers - just disconcerting.

Fingers crossed that everything is ok!

SPC xx

Hi hon, I get twinges too and did when I had my little boy and some of them were quite painful - hope it's nothing and sure you will be just fine xxxx

its hard not to worry but i had alot of pains that sound the same as you and also had 2 early scans too check everything was ok!!
hope friday comes soon for you and remember everything is stretching and getting ready for the 9 months ahead x

Hi again,

Just had a call from the EPU and my hcg is just over 1000 so I can have an early scan tomorrow to hopefully see that my little bean is in the right place.

Roll on 2.20pm tomorrow!

SPC xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back