• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shooting pains and a trip to hospital :(

SARAHSTAR

Reaction score
So far my pregnancy has been pretty worry free but yesterday afternoon
I felt the most awful intense pain in my left side that frightened the hell out of me.
This is my first baby so I really had no idea what was going on and panicked.
I've had shooting pains before but nothing like this, it literally made me scream and I was dripping with sweat.
To cut a long story short I ended up in hospital (typically by the time I got there the pain had gone) they checked my bloods, urine and listened to bubsy's heartbeat to find nothing wrong andput it down to normal stretching pains.

Now I feel really stupid for panicking so much but I really didn't expect stretching to cause THAT much pain. Got told off for not taking my notes in with me but was in such a fluster I didn't even think. At least next time I'll know to try and sit tight a bit more :(

Oh I am sorry, I would have done the same so dnt feel stupid! How are we meant to know what is normal and what isn't, you did the right thing for you and bubs, and I wouldn't have thought about green notes either! Take it easy today xx

Thanks hun, I'm glad it wasn't just me overreacting. Will def take it easy today x

Sorry to hear about your scare! I would have been the same - like Mrs V said, how are we meant to know what is normal and what isn't?!? I was only thinking the other day that perhaps there ought to be more advice/guidance for first time mums as most appointments/scans etc are at least 1 month apart - and in those 4 weeks you're kind of left on your own :(

Take it easy today - hope the pains ease a little! X

I know what you mean hun, I feel a bit like I've been left in limbo!
Not sure when I'm supposed to see my midwife next, have had to make all appointments myself and only knew to make those because of the lovely ladies on here. It's all so confusing :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back