Shock at price of Clomid !!

mushy1

Reaction score
We have to pay for our clomid treatment and they have told us that it is nearly £400 for 3 months treatment, I cant believe it :shock:
Christmas is cancelled !!! xx

why do u hav to pay hun?
surely the nhs should pay for it xx

Bloody Hell that's a bit friggin steep!!

Why are they making you pay for it ? Why can't they give it to you on a nhs prescripton?

You dont pay for it on the NHS in Scotland.

How come you have to pay? Ours cost £7.40 the prescription charge and that's for up to 6 cycles. Maybe it's the follicle tracking scans you're paying for? Maybe you should ask for a breakdown of the cost? Xxx

I have to pay because my hubby has children from previous marriage, which i totally understand but i cant get over how steep the price is !!

I think Clomid itself is quite cheap, maybe it is follicle tracking?

Shit!! Can't you just move to wales? Prescriptions are free over here xx

That is a F***ING JOKE, my private prescription was £8!

I think the cost will be for the scan/scans you'll have, my consultation was £175 and scan was £200 so I guess that's nearly £400, make sure you're getting scanned though.

I'd complain it's not your husband they are helping, it's you, so what if he has children, just say you can't afford it.

Why are you having Clomid, do you OV on your own or not?

The NHS wanted to give me clomid after 5 chemical pregnancies without bothering to investigate why they were happening, sometimes Clomid is the 1st treatment on the NHS's F***ed up fertility ladder and it's not always the right one.

As you can probably tell I don't like the NHS's fertility system!! :wall2:

xx

I know I live in a different area to you but I have 2 children from a past relationship and I have been given clomid on the NHS! X

The cost must be for the scans then, I am ovulating on my own so I am not sure why they are trying me on Clomid !!! Oh well starting to get over the shock now, just got my app through and its not until the 7th MARCH !! Hers hoping i get pregnant before then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx Thanks to everyone for replying xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back