shingles

emma28

Reaction score
I've been working with someone who has just been diagnosed with shingles. Does anyone know if it can affect the baby? Should I see a doctor? Am only asking cos I had to have bloods taken when a friends little girl had chicken pox earlier on..

I think you should be ok. I think how it works is that someone with shingles can give you chicken pox but someone with chicken pox can't give you shingles. The shingles virus is the same family as the chicken pox virus so if you've had it you have shingles in you but it only comes out as shingles when you get run down etc.

A kid in my school has just been diagnosed with German Measles! Thank goodness I've recently found out I'm immune to rubella!

You should be ok, however, if you feel that seeing a doctor will rest your mind then go hun, you can never be too careful xx

Hi,

My dad had shingles a few weeks ago when I was about 7 wks and nobody knew I was pg.

I spent hours looking on the net. There is some confusion but after some thorough research I came to the conclusion that as long as I'd had chicken pox and was immune, I'd be safe with my dad's shingles.

Take care!

I work in an old folks home..(care home) lovely place.... But there was a case of shingles a few months back... my Matron, insisted on me being moved to another department...just to be safe....and any of the ladies who TTC were transfered (temporary) aswell.

I had chickenpox inside my mum's tummy, i was born with a few pox marks on my face & body.....But no ill effects... lucky really!!

I believe though..if you have had chicken pox (maybe as a child) then your immune......But to be completely safe avoid all contact, with person or their belongings, just until they are clear...

lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back