Cervical mucus

waterlilie

Reaction score
Hi all! we have been ttc for 3 months for a baby and i have been reading a lot about cervical mucus and its importance to protect the sperm around the ovulation time. I have also been having sex every other day since day 8 and monitoring the different changes in my own mucus in the last 3 days as i think i am ovulating or have just ovulated. I am on day 13 of a 28 days cycle and had intercourse 2 days ago (day 11), my cervical mucus was watery but very little then yesterday it was transparent and quite stretchy but i didn't have intercourse! today i am rather dry but planning to have sex but i am worried i might have missed my ovulation wich i think was yesterday! :( would it be too late if i have sex today? and could the intercourse i had 2 days ago be enough? i know sperm can live up to 72 hours but i am concerned they might not have survived since a bit dry...would be grateful for your help. Thanks

They say that the stronger sperm can last around 5-6 days.......so hence your window of opportunity can be as much as a week.

The egg can survive for 24-48 hours after ovulation and will then start to breakdown if it is not fertilised!

I had no cervical mucus when I conceived and also only BD'ed (baby danced :D ) once on the day I ovulated and still fell pregnant!

So in answer to your question if you ovulated yesterday and BD today it will still count, as will the BD'ing you did a couple of days ago!

Fingers crossed its your month :hug:

EllieBelle, thank you for your reply, i feel reassured now!! you're right about the stronger sperm living for up to 5 days but hubby and I are not sure if this is the case for us, i am 31 and my husband is 47 thats why we are careful to do it every other day to give enough time to his sperm to recover and come stronger :lol:

You have been really lucky with your conception, i wish the same happens to me :D

As for your mucus, even if you didn't notice or feel it, it must have been there, right at the entrance of the vagina, it's not always visible to the eye.

Thanks again and i wish you a wonderful and very enjoyable pregnancy :hug:

waterlilie said:
EllieBelle, thank you for your reply, i feel reassured now!! you're right about the stronger sperm living for up to 5 days but hubby and I are not sure if this is the case for us, i am 31 and my husband is 47 thats why we are careful to do it every other day to give enough time to his sperm to recover and come stronger :lol:

You have been really lucky with your conception, i wish the same happens to me :D

As for your mucus, even if you didn't notice or feel it, it must have been there, right at the entrance of the vagina, it's not always visible to the eye.

Thanks again and i wish you a wonderful and very enjoyable pregnancy :hug:

I wish you lots of luck too hun......Im sure it will happen very soon, try to stay as relaxed as possible!

We are older too - Im 34 and hubby is nearly 41! We were totally blessed as fell pregnant 2nd cycle off the pill, after 18 years on it :shock:

You will get great care in France though.....and we were living in France when we conceived - must be something in the air!

Thanks for your wishes!! fingers crossed this will be my month! :pray: i can't wait!! :D

BTW, I am not in France but in the UK. I probably didn't explain myself properly in my previous thread when i talked about my friend and cousin who live in France and how their doctors referred them to do loads of pre-conception tests. It was them who told me about Rubella otherwise i wouldn't have thought to speak to my GP and get a blood test done :)

Hi all. Here i am back with more confusing symptoms!!

As explained in my posts above, I thought i had ovulated last week between Monday and Wednesday so Bd'ed on those days only and then hubby travelled the following day. Then on Friday, i started to feel like a pin prick in my right breast and it got sharper in the evening. I got worried as i thought i might have an irritated nerve or something but the follwing day the pain moved to my other breast!! then my boobs got really heavy and painful like they do just before AF and it's still ongoing...i was told sore boobs mid cycle are a sign of ovulation, but then if this is true then what about last week when i had the egg white mucus for 4 days :roll:

I am so confused and worried i might have missed my ovulation. Any ideas??

I forgot to say, the pin prick sharp pain has come back today on the right breast but also slightly on the left one!

Dont worry, you probably did still ovulate last week. After ovulation you start producing progesterone, and progesterone causes sore boobs. (it is not unusual for women to have sore boobs from ovulation til AF). If you do not normally get sore boobs, it could be a good sign. As pregnancy causes very sore boobs too. Good luck.

Thanks for replying Chrest. No i never get sore boobs 2 weeks before AF, they usually start hurting about 4 days before AF and that's how i know it's coming but then i get hunderds of other symtoms, backache, belly cramps, moodiness etc. Well as you say, it could be a good sign so fingers crossed i will have a nice surprise soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back