Shes here! Maia Elizabeth Smyth, 23rd Feb

tania

Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry its taken me so long to get to post this! Baby Maia Elizabeth Smyth arrived on her due date, 23rd Feb at 08.08 in the morning, 5lb 15oz, and ended up being born at home!

Went to bed as normal on Tuesday night then woke up about half past midnight with period like cramps. Had been getting these a wee bit for a few days so thought nothing of it, but they were pretty painful this time and kept on coming. I figured was maybe the very early stages of labour and just left hubby sleeping and tried to deal with them when they did come on. Had been doing hypnobirthing course and was trying my relaxation techniques etc from that, but really struggled as they were really sore. Still figured it was early labour though as hadn't felt what I thought an actual contraction would be like or what my braxton hicks tightenings were like so thought I would have hours and hours to go yet. Didn't want to go into hospital until as late as poss either. Passed most of the night by going back and forward to the loo as was slightly more comfy there, and had upset stomach and was sick a couple of times.

Finally woke my hubby up at 7.30am to say I thought was in labour and he should phone his work and say he wouldn't be in - up until a few minutes before that had been debating if he should go in to start with and then come home if I needed him, thank god that didn't happen! Started feeling everything much stronger then and thought stomach was going to be upset again so went back to loo, then found just couldn't move back off it. Was getting the urge to push now but still didn't know if it was for the baby or poo! (I sound like a right silly bugger, don't i?!) Hubby rang the hospital to tell them what was happening and to start with they were saying just sounded like early labour (think mainly because I wasn't making much noise) They eventually said they would send an ambulance though as I really couldn't move, and just as my hubby hung up the phone to them Maia was born! Right into the (fortunately clean) loo the poor wee soul! Hubby had to come and immediately fish her out, gave her to me and I tried to keep her warm and not move much since cord was still attached. The paramedics arrived about 2 minutes later and were there while I had the placenta and then took us to hospital.

Felt very strange getting wheeled into the labour ward already carrying a baby! Just can't believe how the whole thing happened, it all still feels very surreal. We had to stay in hospital for 2 nights as they wanted to monitor Maia for infection. Got home late Friday night so now trying to get into the swing of things as a new wee family.

Guess the hypnobirthing must have worked a bit for all I struggled to use the techniques at the time - I can't normally deal with a papercut and gave birth by myself!

Will post a pic on later- we are biased but think she is just perfect.

T x

congratulations!
amazing story so glad your both okay.
its great to hear hypnobirthing worked for you as i really want to give it a go!
xx

Congratulations Hun x

What a story! Huge congratulations hun, love the name too! X

Wow you are a legend FACT!!
Well done and congratulations x

Wow! What a story! Born on the toilet - that's a classic, lol!!! Yes sounds like the hypnobirthing must have really helped you....maybe a bit too much so you didn't recognicse full labour!! Amazing! Glad you're both ok :) xxxx

Tania, this is an amazing story. Well done and congratulations!

Wow that's amazing hun! Another PF baby born on the toilet ;)

Congrats!!!!

x x x x

COngratulations hun that will be a story to tell her in a few years xx

OMG you did brilliant! Congratulations xxx

Cant believe you had her at home and on the toilet! You sound so calm, I would have been scared! Well done tania, you did extremely well.

Good job she wasn't named lulu lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back