shaving :(

charlotte_

Reaction score
thought i'd give my OH a weekend treat and actually shave... down there, for once! :eek:
since i've gotten pregnant i just don't bother, especially now i can't see it.

anyway, i started shaving with a little mirror so i could see what i was doing, and i slipped & cut a huge gash! blood went everywhere! it's so sore, i can't wee or shower, or walk properly. poor OH definetly isn't getting any now! :rotfl:

what do the rest of you ladies do with yourselves 'down there' now it seems to be disappearing? i was thinking of getting a wax before the birth, but i've never had one before.

I've given up, don't care anymore. It's too difficult to reach over or around the bump now.

My hubby bought me one of those clever in-in-one lady bikini trimmers a couple of weeks ago - now I wonder what he was trying to tell me :lol:

I have had my bikini line waxed many times, although not since I have been pregnant, saying that might give it a go..........oh it hurts like hell, but the results are fantastic and lasts for a while (I dont think there is any advice on not being able to wax whilst pregnant is there?)!

fwiw waxing before birth will be even more painful than normal. Our bodies become very sensitive as pregnancy progresses.

TBH medical staff would probably prefer you didn't wax or shave. Saving can leave nicks that can cause infection. Its only our vanity we wax or shave before giving birth.

And hate to say it but it'll be that kind of discomfort and then some when you actually give birth. Good practice its given you :lol: :roll:

:hug:

I don't bother because I can't see it anymore and OH isn't bothered by it so I guess it doesn't matter!

hahaha, I remember this from the last time round (when I was preggers that is!). I found using IMAC or some simular product worked best. Personally I get really bad rasor rash so never use a rasor down there anyway, I do have an epilady but won't take it anyway near my bits if I can't see what I'm doing so the IMAC stuff works best. One bit of advice though if you have never used IMAC do do a test first cause the last time round when I recommended it one of the ladies didn't have to good a reaction to it - not nice mi thinks!! :doh:
As I'm taking my little one to swimming lessons on a weekly basis I don't have much of a choice but to try and not look like some hairy cave woman, so I do have to do a weekly de hairing all round - FUN!!! :roll:
Good luck!
Dxxx

i bought myself a lady an bikini shaver for myself so i can use a mirror and wont cut myself.

not that i got a belly yet but once i do i be fine x

ive given up :D o/h dont care and i certainly have more to worry about than that lol so there it will stay now :rotfl: xxxxxxxxxx

I use hair removal cream.... I take it all away so it is easier!!!

Going to have a wax every week the month before birth

I haven't had one before but it could not be anymore painful than giving birth!!!!!!!

Prepare yourself hehehehe.

I hate being untidy there!

I would never shave down there - ouchy scratchy!!

I get waxed regularly, but not everything off, just past my knickers! I just keep the rest of my lady garden nicely trimmed!

I hope to continue my current routine all through pregnancy - we'll see!!

For me its become a
"guessing game" lol..

i always just have a line.. And i looked in mirror other week and noticed my line was no longer centre... and wayyy over to the left :oops: lol... quite funny really..

i'm just going to keep guessing.. as i cant see.. i find it easier in bath than shower.. hope this helps xx

ouch, ive cut myself down there before and the amount of blood??!!!

I find i become all rashy if i shave the lot off so i'm trimming (very carefully as i can see a damn thing) and shaving (blind) in the direction of the way the hair grows. From a distance you cant see a thing as its so short.. close up? Im like a prickly bush! ah well, the lady garden doesnt come out these days anyway! lol

I've had many waxes in the past and got rid of the lot.. it does hurt but its over quick enough. just be careful of ingrowing hairs..

Claire x

I can just about manage - I lie back in the bath and crane my neck so I can see to shave 'down there' :lol: but it probably won't be long when I can't do it on my own and will demand that my husband does it - the thought of giving birth with a right old forest down there fills me with dread......... :wall:

I tried and gave up as i couldnt see,
Bri said he would give me a tidy up, that was 3 weeks ago so he cant be that botherd

Crazy as it may sound, I use OH beard trimmers! (shhh dont tell him lmao) just to trim it down neater! I can still see but cant be bothered :rotfl:

:eek: Owwwwch! That sounds sooo painful!

Hehe I can still see all down there but Im not taking advantage of it haha fur is there and thats that Im sure I wont be the first one to be fluffy in the lower regions before birth and wont be the last! I wouldnt want to risk it if I couldnt see though thats friggin brave!!! Hehe if your oh wants that treat so bad get him to get down there and do it for you! :D

My husband is going to do mine for me but we are gonna make it fun and he is gonna do a little design like a heart or something, it may sound tacky but it can actually be a good bit of fun for us both, let me assure you there will be no blade razor involved, trimmer only :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back