Shared Care.

MrsP123

Reaction score
Hi!
Just wondered has anyone been under shared care? I know it's a common thing, just wanted to ask a few questions.
Do you have more scans?
Do you have more appointments?

I imagine the midwife will tell me but i haven't seen her yet and I'm impatient lol.

Hi I have had a baby under shared care and work with quite a few people who also have. It seems to differ a lot between trusts but in my experience you have the normal appointments with most done by the midwife. For me I had 12 and 36 with consultant the rest with midwife. This time I have a few more issues so I will have two more of my appointments with the consultant rather than the midwife if that makes sense. So the same number of appointments it's just who
You have them with changes and that seems to be determined by the consultant. All the best for your pregnancy.

Oh and the scans seems to vary by the area you're in. With me you have scans at 12 and 20 weeks then unless something happens you won't have any more routine scans, other people I know in different trusts have had much more regular scans

I think it depends on the reason for shared care. With me my 1st had group b strep so I need antibiotics in labour- had consultant appt about 16 weeks but don't think I have any more xx

I'll be under shared care because I'm epileptic and i take anti epileptic medication. Anyone else have experience with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back