sex while pregnant??

lisa_davidson

Reaction score
hi.

just wondering what everyones experiences are while pregnant. we had a great sex life pre pregnancy but have only done it twice since i got pregnant. both times i bled lightly- hense why he doesn't want to do it.
he is scared of hurting the baby. it worries me too. what does everyone think?? one worry of mine is it will encourage labour prematurely.

has anyone else had this problem??

godbless
lisa xx

We have only had sex twice since finding out i was pregnant to but that is because it has become dry and painful for me :cry:

i don't find it painful at all, but just really worried - i would feel awful if anythin happened to our son cos we had sex.

but it is starting to upset me a bit. although we still get on well i just miss the closeness!

Me and OH have only had sex once since finding out i was pregnant and that was a few days ago. I have had a previous miscarriage and so knew that they advise not to have sex until after 12 weeks. When i had a little bleed at 6 weeks the doctor advised waiting until i was 16 weeks.

It wasn't painful at all but i couldn't totally relax as i was worried about hurting the LO or starting premature labour. I also spent the whole of the day after going to the toilet to check and see if i had been bleeding.

OH has been really understanding, but i think all women must worry about sex while pregnant

Gem xx

are sex was really good in the early days... but now i'm getting big it's getting harder to enjoy it :x and sometimes i do think ah the baby and so does he :?

and sometimes i'm just not as exited any more to :(

but we do really have sex :roll:

I know what you mean about the closeness but i get plenty of kisses and cuddles to make up for it.

If your really worried about it bringing on premature labour then maybe speak to your midwife or someone about it and tell them what has been happening. Some people do get a bit of bleeding during sex when they are pregnant. Maybe try to be a bit gentler? or differant positions and see if that is any better? Or maybe even just stick to oral or the likes for the remainder of the pregnancy?

I dont think anything bad will happen to your son unless you have an incompetant cervix or have suffered miscarriages in the past.

the midwife said it could be a blemish ? or somethin on my cervix that just gets irritated during sex, i think when i get to about 30 weeks or so i may feel more comfortable with it.

dunno.....

Hello lisa_davidson :wave:

We had a bleed after sex when I was 5 weeks, which lead to a scan which showed everything was fine, but we had to refrain from intercourse until 12weeks 'to be on safe side' we were told by MW.

We re-started having intercourse when 'allowed' and since have had no worries, and enjoy a perfectly healthy, happy sex life. OH has moments where he is concerned about 'hurting' LO too but it;s a personal choice as to whether you have sex or not, and guidance from health professionals is the best first step, any worries you have please talk to your MW or GP, they will be happy to advise both you and your OH.

There are SO many reasons for a bleed, and SO many women have them while pregnant, I think if you do a little reading on the internet you will feel more reasurred.

Best Wishes :hug:

Hi

I think as long as yoru not high risk its safe to have sex while pregnant
With my first pregnancy we continued all the way through and this itme we do once or twice a week, tehonly few days he dont pass out before 9 :lol: I think if i didnt we would both be miserable.
Katrina

we have been having sex but less often than before. i worry about hurting the baby during intercourse so i prefer foreplay and solo-sex!
since about week 20 my sex drive has got really high, but my self-confidence is very low (i'm not as bendy with a 39-inch belly and very concious of it when kissing!), i dont feel attractive enough to make advances on b/f most of the time so i suppose thats another reason we do it less

we have only had sex about 3/4 times. The first time I bled (was about 10 weeks I think), other times after this I really didn't enjoy it as I was too worried about something going wrong so could not relax. Tried it again this weekend in some different positions and it was good. But we are both quite reserved and a bit scared and concious of a third person being there!!

We make up for it with lots of cuddles and kisses, we are a very loving couple, so do not feel we are missing out too much.

Hi although i am only just in 2nd trimester me n oh have been having sex regulary and i was a bit worried at first but not so much now. with my daughter oh was scared to have sex all the way thru and by the end of the pregnancy i was soo depressed and left feelin unwanted and unattractive, cuddles just dont do it for me so this time we decided that we would make sure i dont feel like that again. its a personal choice so its whatever works for you and your oh. xxxx

i bled alot after sex when i was carrying my middle son and they said it was erosion of the cervix, like an ulcer on the cervix, but nothing to worry about. after having him my smear showed that i needed some treatment as i continued to bleed after sex for about 6 months, the same thing happened after my miscarriage last year.

i've enjoyed a quite active sex life whilst pregnant with all mine, if it was down to me it would be more often but hubby is worried about hurtin the baby, and doesnt like the fact i bleed after sex so easily.

have you asked your MW whether you should abstein or not?

me and my OH are still having as much sex as we were before. we did go a few weeks where i felt that it was me who was initiating it all the time and it was probably the hormones but i got it into my head that he didnt fancy me anymore because of the bump but when i asked him about it he told me it was because he was scared that he was going to hurt me and the baby. i sat him down and went through some websites about sex in pregnancy and that as long as the pregnancy is normal then its perfectly safe and that put his mind at rest and now he is now taking full advantage of my increased libido :lol:

We were having sex quite regularly, but not as often as before, up till this weekend. :( It may have been totallly unrelated to the bleeding I've been having... but... the hospital, midwives and doc ALL asked if we'd had sex and said it could have caused the bleed. :(

I wasn't really happy with that answer because we've been intimate many times before and nothing has happend. PLUS all the mags etc say it's ok to have sex! :(

I'm gonna check with the MW before we have it again. I don't think either me or my OH are very keen to repeat yesterday's events. :cry:

Sabrina

:hug: Sabrina :hug: I think speaking to your MW and GP is a great idea, and ask them all the questions you want, because they are there to reassure you of your options, I do hope things work out so you are happy :hug:

We refrained for the first 12weeks due to a previous mc and we used to be very active but I've completed lost my sex drive :( my poor DH but once he gets me going I'm fine and really enjoy myself :D Its definitely not as often as we used to but I'm hopeful my sexdrive will return, we have lots of cuddle and kisses in the meantime.

We are having sex as often as we did before, couldnt go too long without it!!

When i was in tri 1 i was extremely tired and thats prob when it affected it most but its all good now 8) :wink:

the people i sit near at work were horrified i am still having sex! one guy was going on about all the c*ck he'd be getting tonight, and said he bet i was jealous coz he thought i wasnt getting any coz i'm pregnant. i told him i am actually! and he was like, "what, since youve had the baby inside you?!" like he couldnt believe it, then the girl next to him said she wouldnt, and the other guy next to me (who has a 4-yr-old) said he didnt do it once while his missus was pregnant, and seemed equally shocked, and said "but youre getting c** all over the baby!"
as if i'm a right perv!
we're not perv's, are we?!

:rotfl: :rotfl:
My sister is shocked about it too even tho she let this man (total scumbag) take advantage of her while she was preg (no interourse tho) :roll:

As for the c**-
1- errr, how did the baby get there in the first place??

and

2-it doesnt actually go on the baby...

Some people can be so stupid. I couldnt go 9 months without it :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111