Sex of Baby - find out or surprise??

littlebump

Reaction score
Lots of people seem to be finding out the sex of their baby these days and I wondered if it is a majority.

Also did many of you find out by mistake (i.e. didn't want to know but you got to see a rather obvious clue at the 20w scan)

And finally how many of you wanted to find out but baby was shy on the day

LBxx

****EDITED - I JUST REALISED THIS IS MY 1000TH POST - WOOHOO - NEVER MANAGED THAT ON A FORUM BEFORE!!!*****

I kind of wanted to know but OH really wanted the surprise so we didn't find out. OH is convinced he saw boy bits, but I think that's more wishful thinking because he wants a boy! I certainly didn't see anything!

I couldn't wait to find out, same as with my son. My son wanted a brother, I wanted a daughter, I've got my wish but he's really angry and changed since finding out. I thought he may react badly so thought it best to have a few months to get used to the idea.

I was desperate to no in fact i hardly slept the whole week b4 my scan and not at all the nite b4, i was like a kid on x mas eve, :D

I wanted to know, but my baby was shy and wouldnt flash us. Its not too bad this time as either sex would be nice, but i'd really want to know what it was for baby number 2. :D

''supprise supprise, the unexpected hits you between the eyes''

The reason that I chose to find out was that I have a girl and a boy already!

If I hadn't and the kids didn't want to know so badly then I probably wouldn't have! :D

im dying to know. and i kinda already do. derek acorah told me its a girl. which im chuffed about :D just got to wait until 20wks to find out for sure :)

i was convinced i was having a boy, i think thats y i wanted 2 no so 2 c if i was rite, i wudnt of believed them if they'd told me i was having a gurl, got my little man xxxx and he is awesome, hes sat here now laughin his head off, they say u do have a feeling tho

I definitely want to know. I found out last time and we've booked a private sexing scan this time at 16 weeks. Im just too impatient to wait 40 weeks!!

I also think it makes shopping easier. Theres only so much white/cream stuff you can buy.

Knowing the sex last time made me feel like the baby was already a part of the family cos we were calling it Josh from the minute we knew it was a boy :D

x-kirsty-x said:
I definitely want to know. I found out last time and we've booked a private sexing scan this time at 16 weeks. Im just too impatient to wait 40 weeks!!

I also think it makes shopping easier. Theres only so much white/cream stuff you can buy.

Knowing the sex last time made me feel like the baby was already a part of the family cos we were calling it Josh from the minute we knew it was a boy :D

I know exactly what you mean. Ryan was Ryan as soon as I found out and I found out this one is a girl last week so she's now Jade and not 'the baby.

kirlykird said:
The reason that I chose to find out was that I have a girl and a boy already!

If I hadn't and the kids didn't want to know so badly then I probably wouldn't have! :D

yeh if it was my second or whatever I would find out, but with my first, I wanted the whole experience to be a shock (which Im sure ill find out during labour :rotfl: )

Besides, if I did find out, I would still buy everything neutral/unisex as I know of 3 people know in the last 6 months who have been told one sex (2 girl / 1 boy) bought the relevant colour things and its been different so had to sell stuff on (at a loss) and buy the right colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back