sewing question- fat quarters

aramintalovegrove

Reaction score
I have decided to attempt to sews I love the simple style ones and pillow case dresses and tunics *look* easy to do (I may take that back when I start :lol: )

I have seen some fabric on ebay but its all a bit confusing size wise, they all seem to sell in 'fat quarters' and Im unsure what this works out as, even though the sort of explain.....

Basically I would like your advice on how many fat quarters would I need to make a simple dress? am I being totally stupid in thinking 2 fat quarters would be more than enough?

:roll: Can you tell Im a novice :lol:

Last edited:
every fat quarter ive ever brought has been *around* 18x21 inches so depending on how big the dress would be and weather you want extra bits for mistakes ect, for a babies dress id say 3 would be enough 1 for each side of the dress then a 3rd piece for the straps/belt/mistakes
xx

Problem with fat quarters is that you cannot order 3 you have to order in 2/4/6/8 and it will be cut in a continuous block of fabric not in pieces, if that makes sense. And also be careful which way the pattern is on the fabric as the way they cut it is where they make there money! :roll: especially with FQuarters
What fabric do you have i mind?? I should be able to source it for you cheaper, if you would like me to, pm me with details :hug:

maria1976 said:
Problem with fat quarters is that you cannot order 3 you have to order in 2/4/6/8 and it will be cut in a continuous block of fabric not in pieces, if that makes sense. And also be careful which way the pattern is on the fabric as the way they cut it is where they make there money! :roll: especially with FQuarters
What fabric do you have i mind?? I should be able to source it for you cheaper, if you would like me to, pm me with details :hug:

OOH THANKS for the offer! will PM you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back