Where can i sell...

Charlotte & Emily

Reaction score
my wedding dress?
Does anyone know where i would get a desent price for it?
i dont want to put it on ebay because i wont get much for it and everyone buys those ones from hong kong etc.

Im sad to have to sell it as i never got to wear it :cry:

Aw hun :hug:
Do you have a local paper you could advertise it in or a shop window? :D

I gave mine to a charity shop as it it was tormenting me hanging there lol, I just picked it up, walked out my flat and to the first charity shop I saw (I lived on a highstreet) and went in and dumped it on the counter saying "it needs dry cleaning but you can have it" and walking out before they could say anything lol

It was on a whim but I never regretted it (giving the dress away I mean, not the marriage itself lol) :D

nic & keeley said:
Do you have a local paper you could advertise it in or a shop window? :D

Yea i could advertise it in the local paper... im not sure how much to ask for it though... i bought it from a charity shop for £50 but cheekily id love more so i can buy a breathing monitor thing for emily

its a size 14/16
these are the pics, a little blurry sorry

media1-1.jpg

media12.jpg

its beautiful, and an average size too so you shouldnt have any problems selling it, you could always put it on ebay with a reserve price of what you paid for it....atleast then you wont get stuck with a cheap winning bid!

yeah i was gonna suggest e-bay you may get a right good price on there!!!! :D

I was thinking about selling mine, it was £1200 new and I'd hate to loose it on ebay for something silly like £50. I have thought about having it turned into my little boy's Baptism outfit as it's got a long train on it so plenty of material but I would need to look out a decent seamstress and suss out costs, I don't have a pattern either.

I agree you could sell in your local paper, the local friday-ad, put it on ebay with a reserve price, if you started bidding even at £20 I'm sure you'd find a winner (a lot of people are apprehensive about buying fom overseas, Hong Kong etc) you could place the reserve at £50 which I'm sure it would reach then you have your money back, if it makes more it's a bonus - if it doesnt reach the reserve price you could then decide whether to offer it to the highest bidder, re-list it or sell elsewhere.

I did see something on the news last week saying Oxfam are buying/selling wedding dresses now with all proceeds going to good causes they help. They sell them for around the £250 marker and have a 6 month back list of people booked in for appointments/viewings etc. They only have for sale what's on the rack so you couldn't decide on the dress you loved but in a different size or colour type thing but perhaps that's worth looking into?

Jax I think it's lovely that you donated your happy dress to charity, that's really nice I'm sure they were thrilled with it.

Just a thought but you could hire it out? My mum suggested this for my wedding dress but neve got around to it but it means that you are more likely to get your money back. Maybe hire it out for £50 and theyhave to pay for cleaning costs? Means they get a nice dress for the day / week and you can make some money on it.You might also want to consider taking a deposit for it incase it gets damages

Just thinking about this again i might reconsider doing this - be a good way to make some money?!

I made my veil and cost about £10 in total - cathedral length - but it is exactly the same as the one in the shop i tried on so this could also be a good way to make some money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back