Severe brittle asthma/bipolar/arthritis/prev high risk pregnancy

SquashMama

Reaction score
Firstly, what a fab section to have! :thumbup:

I think the title says it all really!

I was told I would never be able to have children as my asthma is so severe that it's been nearly fatal for most of my life. My life changed totally in 2008 when I started immunosuppressant injections which have given me a quality of life I never thought possible. Under medical support, I carried my beloved son until 37 weeks, through a nightmareish pregnancy, and I had a normal delivery, despite being told there would be no chance for me.

Since his birth, I have been diagnosed with arthritis in my hands due to a lifetime of steroids, and bipolar disorder. Both have been successfully managed for the last two years, although since Jan I have been coming off meds, which has been hell, in order for me to TTC. Amazingly, I'm here after month 1, but I have natural apprehension as to how the next 8 months will go. This will be our last baby, as I have been strongly advised it would be very dangerous to have any further children, so it's strange mixture of emotions.

I am happy to support anyone else who has questions, as it's a terrifying time. I took a number of medications through my last pregnancy with little to no data about the fetal effects. This is something I now support medical charities to help pregnant mamas to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back