Setting up my own business help!!!

evie_smith

Reaction score
Well as you know I've been Tattooing on guinea pigs and so far haven't made any money - see were on benefits and I can't earn so I've just been doing freebies and people have been buying their own Ink but that was only 1 person either way I'm making sure I make £0 profit lol! And I said to DH in a years time I would like to open shop I'm planning to do my driving this year and a piercing corse with my friend Karen and in a years time I'm thinking of opening shop with her my husband knows the taxes part of things coz he used to be self employed but I haven't a clue sooo what do I need to do? I'm planning to buy benches ect during the year but other than that I haven't a clue what do I need to set up a tattoo piercing shop I've got health and safety certificate but that's about it so far x

Ul need public liability insurance (to cover u if anything went wrong) not really sure about the rest xx

My friends doing the same & she's been getting her info etc from this book

Sorry the link isn't working but the books called Start & Run a Tattoo & Body Piercing Business
by Kurtis Mueller, Tanya Howe

xxxx

Hi there, Ive had my own business. I had it for 7 years, shop, stock etc and all that goes with it although it wasnt in tattoos. As a heavily tattoo'd person I can only say cover your bum if youre thinking of making it in the tattoo industry. I have many tattoo artist friends and its not easy. Tattoo artists who are just starting out or work from home are known as scratchers and even when you open a new shop you will need to have a hell of a lot of pre done work, photos and recommendations. Its a tough business so I can only wish you all the luck in the world. Id suggest contacting the Tattoo Association to see what insurance cover you need. Im not sure about liability cover as if someones ink goes septic etc, you are NOT liable for it. They are as its part of their own hygiene and aftercare.
X

PS Im friends with Phil Kyle from London Ink and I have many other artists on my My Space page if you'd like to contact any of them for advice? Send me a PM and Ill try and hook you up :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back