SERIOUS WARNING ABOUT CLEARBLUE *up-dated, petition thread*

Becs

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

As some of you will know from my posts I have had some very mixed results this month with clearblue. I tested early and got a very thin blue but strong blue line and was thrilled. Since then I have tested a total of 5 more times with mixed results, some negative and some positive. It has been an emotional rollercoaster and I can report that I now have my AF. My first concern was that I had a chemical pregnancy but then I looked at this http://www.peeonastick.com/issues.html

It tells about how clearblue have been delivering a lot of false positives, which tend to be a very thin line slightly to the left. Just like all 3 of my positives.

So my advice is steer absolutely clear of clearblue. I hope this warning saves some of you potential shattered hopes.

Becs

*Up-date.*
If this situation has put you off buying clearblue, please reply to this thread and say so. I'm trying to get numbers to quote to the clearblue people when they call me back. I want them to take this problem seriously.

OMG! Considering they are a leading brand thats disgusting!

Im off to do a bit more research on this......

My lines were a lot stronger than those just in case anybody thinks about trying to use them as reference.

Sometimes if you test too soon though you could be getting an "ovulation" reading if you ovulate late like me and my sister do. We have both had false readings from doing this. Its always best to wait til you are due on or late to get a more accurate reading even though its sooooo tempting. I'm sorry this isn't your month. Keep trying :hug:

Oh by the way, Predictor is a really good brand and cheaper too, i've never had a problem with them :)

it's awful that such a well known and expensive brand can produce these false positives. so sorry it's messed you around this month becs, I hope all TTCers take something from this and don't buy any more clearblue.
:hug:

Oh Becs I am so sorry that your AF came - I know its awful that you build your hopes up with these tests and then get a huge let down.

Keep smiling and just think of all the fun you will have baby making this month :lol:

claire81 said:
Sometimes if you test too soon though you could be getting an "ovulation" reading if you ovulate late like me and my sister do. We have both had false readings from doing this. Its always best to wait til you are due on or late to get a more accurate reading even though its sooooo tempting. I'm sorry this isn't your month. Keep trying :hug:

Sorry but that is definetly not what happened here.

Oh dear im worried now ladies reading this as i tested with 2 clearblues but then i have tested with e-bay cheapies and got a good faint positive

Don't worry flossy, it's a distinctive thin line slightly to the left - yours was much thicker and ebay cheapies have an excellent reputation. They are not as sensitive so if you have a positive on one of those then you are definetly preggers :D :hug:

i dnt blame you all (preg ladies) of course its gonna worry you...working yourself up to it being positive and to find tha its not, is quite upsetting.

sorry its not your month becs,itll happen soon (fingers crossed)

oh becs.. so sorry she came.... :hug: :hug:

i have also heard bad things about clearblue and in some cases they dont even pick up hcg until really late on, she got her BFP with clearblue when she was around 9 wks!!!

tesco own are supposed to be quite good....

that meant to say my friend got her bfp with clearblue at 9wks!!! oops

I read somewhere - might have been the peeonastick one that tests that have blue dye - often get stronger evap lines - I dont know how true this is - but I try and use tests with pink dye.

OMG thats awful. Especially as they charge a fortune for them. I'm gonna stick to the 4 for 99p ones from Ebay. they seem to be more reliable.

I have spoken to clearblue this morning and someone is calling me back. I want them to be aware this is happening and to advise what they are going to do about it. :evil:

:shock: i thought they were the most reliable! How awful!! :hug:

Good for you Becs - as you know the same thing happened to me this week - very strong blue line to the left but it was only as wide as a hair.

Let us know how you get on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back