Serious post - PLACENTAL ABRUPTION

kellysomer

Reaction score
I feel compelled to make this post, if i save the trauma or heartache that i have gone through for just one person i will be glad. I had never heard of the condition and had no idea of the symptoms. Please please read the attached website and know that if you suffer an excruciatingly painful constant tummy ache with or without bleeding at any stage of pregnancy after 20 weeks phone the hospital. If my mum had not badgered me into phoning the hospital when i suffered this my little son would not be here now. Please read.....

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/placen ... DSECTION=1

Luckily its very rare but my MW admitted that it isnt widely known about nor do they tell you about it so its worth knowing about.

goodness thats a sary thought. how do you know if back ache is not just normal backache? doesnt everyone get that in pregnancy?

I was told that both the mother and baby could be dead in a short period of time if this happens and left untreated which is horrific I know.
I dont think enough people are aware of this and the symptoms and its great that you have done this post.
I am glad that you and baby survived this.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

It is important to never feel like you are mithering the hospital as well - that is what they are there for!!!!

I have had every one of those symptoms. Yesterday I had severe rapid uterine contractions. Every 1 min.

I am going to demand I am checked for it when I have a scan and see my consultant tomorrow.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. And thank God you wre checked in time :hug: :hug: :hug:

some of my placenta came away when i was about 12/13 weeks, i was sore and bleed for 2 days, i got an emergency scan and thankfully the baby was fine but u can never be to careful, really scared me as i never bled in my last pregnany...

God thanks for showing us this, id never even heard of it before, im so sorry for everything you had to go through with this !

Go mum eh !!!!

Definately good to know about, consequences are hurrendous !!

thanks for posting this :hug:

who knows how many lives you could save just by bringing this to our attention? :D xxxx

In answer to the question about the backache. It was absolutely excruciating and i was screaming out and sobbing in pain, it was more painful than labour and no matter what position you get in the pain doesnt change, also there is no acheing of the back just straight pain.

Just bumping up again for people to see, i hope i havent scared anyone i just want people to know the symptoms and wish that i had known before i had Morgan!

Thankyou for bringing this to our attention - you never can be too careful. I'm so glad you and your baby got through this ok. :)

And Fuffins, you should get yourself checked out. You've been faffed around for too long (lovely avatar picture btw - great to see you happy!). Hope it goes well :hug:

I think it's great that you took the time to post about this. In pregnancy it is all too easy to write off pains as 'just one of those things.' I'm VERY glad that you had a positive outcome and that you and your baby are fine :hug: - I can imagine it was a very scary few hours once you had been diagnosed.

Erm actually they didnt tell me until after he was born.... :shock: they told me once he was ok and in neonatal. :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back