Transverse babies......

keelie_b

Reaction score
hiya, i did a search on here for any threads about transverse but most said that they turned at about 32 weeks latest. please could you tell me your experiences of transverse babies. Did they turn? at what stage? if they didnt turn at what when did they give you a c-section and were you admitted to hospital before they delivered as i've read a lot of cases in America were admitted at about 35 but didnt deliver until 37-38 as it was dangerous for them to go into labour naturally.

Sorry hun I don't think it's happened on here as far as I can remember. My son was transverse until about 32 weeks then breech until 36, but turned the right way up after that.

I know that acupuncture/pressure is supposed to help with breech babies, maybe it could help with your situation too? Have the hospital suggested that they could try manually turning baby or is it too dangerous?

Hope you can find some answers hun, or at the very least you'll have your baby soon :hug:

I was transverse at 34 weeks, I dont know when after that she turned but I have a feeling it was around 35-36 weeks coz my bump dropped. I used my birthign ball and tried massage exercise. At my 37 week apointment yesterday I was told she was head down :dance:

Your baby still may turn but i'd talk through my options with the midwife.

right ok thanks for the replies. No apparently they dont try and turn transverse babies :( i've also got a broken rib (caused by babies bad positioning) so not sure how well me and baby could cope with it anyway.
Maybe he'll still turn i dont know, i was reseaching earlier and im actually really struggling to find any cases at al of women with transverse babies this late on they usually turn by 32 weeks i didnt realise it was so rare.
Just have to see what happens then and hope for the best :)

One of my friends was carrying transverse, she told me they kept her in hospital for a while, luckily her LO turned, so was able to deliver naturally. Good luck honey

I think my LO is just lazy like his dad lol He has been transverse for 8 weeks! Got my MW appt on monday but it doesnt feel like he has moved. Hope your LO turns for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back