• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

seller turned down our offer:-(

great news ! looks like you'll move straight in so you can spend all your time enjoying your LO!

try and think with your head and walk away (for the time being) DONT offer anymore - with the market the way it is you are in an ideal situation - give it 4-6 weeks ring back and say you are willing to offer £121500k but thats the highest you can go but that you can move quickly you have an AIP and no chain etc hopefully he will bite you hand of after waiting 4 more weeks with no more offers!!!

If not walk away again! Ive heard lots of people getting phone calls a few weeks after their offers have been turned down from the Agents asking if there offer is still on the table as the sellers have changed their minds!

Good luck!

Like Jennywren said don't let it get you down. You may find they call you back if they go witout offers for a few weeks :hug:

did you tell the estage agents that 125 was ur final offer? we told our estate agents that 83 was our final offer even though we would ahve gone to 85..and they acceopted..what with the current market the vendor may come back to you ina few days and ask you if you still have the offer standing.. you never know.. dont go higher than what you can afford.. because you have to have life insurance, buildings insurance etc.. all that comes to aroudn 80 quid.. so u gotta budget ur monthly repayments.. good luck xx.. if the worst comes to theworst.. you could get a bigger house than that in wales for about 80k lol.. come live here.. its lovely :)

lisa&alex said:
did you tell the estage agents that 125 was ur final offer? we told our estate agents that 83 was our final offer even though we would ahve gone to 85..and they acceopted..what with the current market the vendor may come back to you ina few days and ask you if you still have the offer standing.. you never know.. dont go higher than what you can afford.. because you have to have life insurance, buildings insurance etc.. all that comes to aroudn 80 quid.. so u gotta budget ur monthly repayments.. good luck xx.. if the worst comes to theworst.. you could get a bigger house than that in wales for about 80k lol.. come live here.. its lovely :)

Yes we said we would not go over £125.000 as thats the thresh hold of stamp duty over that we'd have to pay it

we said we our looking at another house thats at a starting price of £120.000 with a bigger garden and kitchen so if he didnt except our offer then well bye bye :wave: :wave:
we our going to see this house next Tuesday the outside looks :( but the inside looks great from the photos :D

so its not all bad i just hope the area the house is in is ok :pray: as some areas in Maidstone are very rough so where hoping the low price isnt because its in a bad place :pray:

buying a house is very stressful :roll: :lol:

Thank you everyone for the support hugs and advice!!!!!! :hug: :hug:

The outside of a house can be easily made perdyful! Definately check the area out well. Drive around at different times of the day/evening so you can see what it's like and maybe talk to the neighbours.

The perfect place is out there :) xxxxx

:hug: You'll find somewhere.

House Prices are going to fall soon I reckon so it might be for the best! :lol:

Oh noooooo!!

:hug: :hug:

What did the estate agents say Sarah? I doubt he's going to get any more quick offers, i think the market is sooo dry for buyers cos not many people ae getting new mortgages!!

How much below asking did you offer?

:hug: :hug:

I know it may not be the same case, but when we were buying our house, we put an offer in below the asking price and were turned down. We left it a couple of weeks and in the end the estate agents came back to us and said that the seller had had a change of heart and would now accept the offer. It was hard leaving it and doing nothing but worth it in the end. I hope that your greedy seller changes his mins once he realises that you aren't going to go back with a higher offer :pray:

Xxx

im quite shocked that some sellers dont sell considering the current market.. our house was 99.995 and we got it down 17k.. the gardens a bit of a state.. but thats ok..atleast the insides great if we did ever sell then having the garden fantabulous wiould add a lot of value to the house.. so we got the scope of that nothing esle needs doing in the house.. extending it would probably be a grea tidea in the future.. but right now its perfect for us..(although id love love love a utility room.. just so i can not worry aobut the mess in there lol..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back